If finding one of the greatest songwriters of the last century referred to as ”whore wrangler Jimmy Van Heusen” within the first few pages doesn’t set your heart aflutter with anticipation, Mr. S: My Life With Frank Sinatra may not be the memoir for you. The rest of us can wallow in the recollections of the Chairman’s valet, George Jacobs, a fly on the wall – or ”Spook,” as Sinatra called his black confidant – during the glory years 1953-68. Learning which Kennedy or Rat Packer preferred which kind of hooker may fall into the realm of too much information, but with its improbably witty prose, this exercise in deep dish never makes you feel like taking a shower (even if Frank had four a day). It’s the one Sinatra tome that doesn’t stint on rageaholism or sexual addiction or the affection this king of split personalities still engenders.
Mr. S : My Life with Frank SinatraIf finding one of the greatest songwriters of the last century referred to as ''whore wrangler Jimmy Van Heusen'' within the first few pages doesn't set...Mr. S : My Life with Frank SinatraNonfictionGeorge Jacobs, William StadiemIf finding one of the greatest songwriters of the last century referred to as ''whore wrangler Jimmy Van Heusen'' within the first few pages doesn't set...2003-06-06
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: George Jacobs, William Stadiem
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The View': Rosie Perez says she would return for a 'visit'
- J.K. Rowling sorts James Sirius Potter and Teddy Lupin into Hogwarts houses
- Good news, Leslie Knope: Hillary Clinton is a fan of 'Parks and Rec'
- See a supercut of shrieks from Wes Craven's filmography
- See Toni Collette and Drew Barrymore in 'Miss You Already' trailer
- Zachary Levi will replace Josh Radnor on Broadway
- 'Madam Secretary': Eric Stoltz to play Téa Leoni's brother
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!