How can you not root for a guy who sings “I guess I’m f—ing 40/That’s what my mamma said/But Bruce Springsteen’s f—ing 53/And the Stones are almost dead”? John Eddie had his 15 minutes in the mid-’80s, when his blue-collar, Jersey-based roots rock caught the ears of Columbia Records. The results were two LPs that went nowhere, despite a friendship with the aforementioned 53-year-old. Who the Hell is a helluva second act, full of songs that play footsie with cliche and make her shine like a honky-tonk angel, e.g., the twangy “Let Me Down Hard” (a perfect riff on breakup pathology) and the self-explanatory “S—hole Bar.” CLASSIC ROCK BLUES The strangely beautiful “Play Some Skynyrd” is the sound of a bar-band lifer converting biker-dude hecklers into true believers.
Who the Hell is John Eddie?How can you not root for a guy who sings "I guess I'm f---ing 40/That's what my mamma said/But Bruce Springsteen's f---ing 53/And the Stones are almost...Who the Hell is John Eddie?Blues, RockHow can you not root for a guy who sings "I guess I'm f---ing 40/That's what my mamma said/But Bruce Springsteen's f---ing 53/And the Stones are almost...2003-06-06
Genre: Blues, Rock; Lead Performer: John Eddie; Producer (group): Lost Highway
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- French train hero describes disarming gunman for Jimmy Fallon
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!