How can you not root for a guy who sings “I guess I’m f—ing 40/That’s what my mamma said/But Bruce Springsteen’s f—ing 53/And the Stones are almost dead”? John Eddie had his 15 minutes in the mid-’80s, when his blue-collar, Jersey-based roots rock caught the ears of Columbia Records. The results were two LPs that went nowhere, despite a friendship with the aforementioned 53-year-old. Who the Hell is a helluva second act, full of songs that play footsie with cliche and make her shine like a honky-tonk angel, e.g., the twangy “Let Me Down Hard” (a perfect riff on breakup pathology) and the self-explanatory “S—hole Bar.” CLASSIC ROCK BLUES The strangely beautiful “Play Some Skynyrd” is the sound of a bar-band lifer converting biker-dude hecklers into true believers.
Who the Hell is John Eddie?How can you not root for a guy who sings "I guess I'm f---ing 40/That's what my mamma said/But Bruce Springsteen's f---ing 53/And the Stones are almost...Who the Hell is John Eddie?Blues, RockHow can you not root for a guy who sings "I guess I'm f---ing 40/That's what my mamma said/But Bruce Springsteen's f---ing 53/And the Stones are almost...2003-06-06
Genre: Blues, Rock; Lead Performer: John Eddie; Producer (group): Lost Highway; Status: In Season
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Creators Robert and Michelle King talk 'The Good Wife' return
- Mad Max collector's edition Blu-ray: Exclusive release details
- Missy Elliott and Pharrell are in the studio together
- See Eddie Redmayne in his next big role as Lili Elbe in The Danish Girl
- Carlton Cuse looks back on his long and unique career
- Kanye apology to Beck, Bruno Mars
- Carly Rae Jepsen returns with 'I Really Like You'--and Tom Hanks?!
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!