ELF He may have stripped to his hairy arse in ”Old School,” but Will Ferrell hadn’t encountered real humiliation until he dressed up like Santa’s adult-size helper in November’s ”Elf.” ”Putting on tights is the clothing form of being naked,” laughs the former ”Saturday Night Live” goofball, who we see learning about the Christmas spirit before heading to the New York City home of his biological dad (James Caan). So did the actor find it hard getting into his dim-bulb persona? ”Wearing the outfit and having New Yorkers yell ‘Nice tights!’ helped,” says Ferrell. ”You’d get catcalls constantly.” Mee-oww!
(Elf: Alan Markfield)
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds remembers first date with Blake Lively
- Kanye West announces free livestream of Yeezy Season 3
- Waiting for new Harry Potter books, ranked
- Lee Majors to play Ash's dad on 'Ash vs Evil Dead'
- 'Gravity Falls' creator says a revival is 'not inconceivable'
- Adnan Syed is ‘more hopeful’ following post-conviction hearing
- 'SNL': How the 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' sketch came together
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday