ELF He may have stripped to his hairy arse in ”Old School,” but Will Ferrell hadn’t encountered real humiliation until he dressed up like Santa’s adult-size helper in November’s ”Elf.” ”Putting on tights is the clothing form of being naked,” laughs the former ”Saturday Night Live” goofball, who we see learning about the Christmas spirit before heading to the New York City home of his biological dad (James Caan). So did the actor find it hard getting into his dim-bulb persona? ”Wearing the outfit and having New Yorkers yell ‘Nice tights!’ helped,” says Ferrell. ”You’d get catcalls constantly.” Mee-oww!
(Elf: Alan Markfield)
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Cara Delevingne addresses awkward interview
- 'Gritty' take on 'Little Women' in development at CW
- Mia Farrow criticized for tweeting business address of Cecil the lion's killer
- Diva Layla El retires from WWE
- Woody Allen says private life doesn't resonate in his films
- 'Law & Order' director arrested on child pornography charges
- 'Secret in Their Eyes' gets new release date
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!