THE PERPETRATOR Echo & the Bunnymen’s Ian McCulloch THE PROOF ”The Puppet” (1985, from Songs to Learn & Sing) THE PLEA ”I look back and go, ‘Oh!’ listening to my own voice in a song like ‘The Puppet,’ which I just find embarrassing. It’s like, What the hell was that all about? With each song I kind of know what I was thinking, and that was just stupid. I was angry with someone…. It was the managers. I was angry because I wanted to stay in Brussels and they wanted me to [tour in] Amsterdam. That’s kind of what started me thinking about being a puppet, you know? Silly. I had a great time in Amsterdam, anyway, you know? [Laughs] Rocked that one.”
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?