THE PERPETRATOR Echo & the Bunnymen’s Ian McCulloch THE PROOF ”The Puppet” (1985, from Songs to Learn & Sing) THE PLEA ”I look back and go, ‘Oh!’ listening to my own voice in a song like ‘The Puppet,’ which I just find embarrassing. It’s like, What the hell was that all about? With each song I kind of know what I was thinking, and that was just stupid. I was angry with someone…. It was the managers. I was angry because I wanted to stay in Brussels and they wanted me to [tour in] Amsterdam. That’s kind of what started me thinking about being a puppet, you know? Silly. I had a great time in Amsterdam, anyway, you know? [Laughs] Rocked that one.”
Posted June 6 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- 'DWTS' is bringing back Maksim Chmerkovskiy: source
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt blazes through aptitude test in 'Snowden' clip
- Jon Favreau to direct Seth MacFarlane's space-set comedic drama 'Orville'
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj are reuniting for another VMAs performance
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...