This middling disc proves Staind haven’t grown beyond the cliches of not-so-nu metal: hand-me-down grunge, mush-headed angst, and cramped verses that invariably lead to cathartic choruses. But “Could It Be,” the CD’s best track, is melodic and melancholy, while “Layne” is a sweet homage to Alice in Chains. Overall, though, the tedious MOR power ballads can’t seem to get out of low gear.
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Elektra
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE drops Gavin DeGraw collaboration 'Brother'—exclusive premiere
- Disney Junior to intro Elena of Avalor, its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters