Director Reggie Rock Bythewood zooms in on California’s urban-biker culture and winds up unearthing an even less heralded scene: struggling black Hollywood. Larenz Tate, Eriq La Salle, Terrence Howard, and a half-dozen other stalwarts stud an almost-star cast headed by Fishburne as a big bad street racer pitted against a young upstart (Antwone Fisher’s Luke). Like The Fast and the Furious, it’s a ride-or-die flick r-r-ripped from the headlines. Unfortunately, real action has curves, and these boyz race in straight lines as predictable as the film’s sole plot twist.
Genre: Drama, Sports; Starring: Laurence Fishburne, Brendan Fehr, Orlando Jones, Derek Luke; Guest Performer: Kid Rock; Director: Reggie Rock Bythewood; Author: Reggie Rock Bythewood, Craig Fernandez, Michael Gougis; Release Date Wide: 01/31/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 111; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer teases hero's epic clash with Iron Man
- Adele performs 'Hello' with Jimmy Fallon, The Roots, and classroom instruments
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the winner is...
- Len Goodman is coming back to 'DWTS'
- Casting Net: Ryan Gosling eyed to play Neil Armstrong in biopic
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations
- 'NCIS' postmortem: Emily Wickersham reacts to Bishop's marriage troubles