Director Reggie Rock Bythewood zooms in on California’s urban-biker culture and winds up unearthing an even less heralded scene: struggling black Hollywood. Larenz Tate, Eriq La Salle, Terrence Howard, and a half-dozen other stalwarts stud an almost-star cast headed by Fishburne as a big bad street racer pitted against a young upstart (Antwone Fisher’s Luke). Like The Fast and the Furious, it’s a ride-or-die flick r-r-ripped from the headlines. Unfortunately, real action has curves, and these boyz race in straight lines as predictable as the film’s sole plot twist.
Genre: Drama, Sports; Starring: Laurence Fishburne, Brendan Fehr, Orlando Jones, Derek Luke; Guest Performer: Kid Rock; Director: Reggie Rock Bythewood; Author: Reggie Rock Bythewood, Craig Fernandez, Michael Gougis; Release Date Wide: 01/31/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 111; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Kelly Clarkson adorably forget the lyrics to her songs
- Katy Perry reveals which line of her DNC speech Orlando Bloom wrote
- Chandra Levy miniseries in works at TNT
- Nick Jonas, Demi Lovato send fans on scavenger hunt for concert tickets
- 'Pokémon Go' nests are reportedly spawning different Pokémon
- Disney changes 'Avengers: Infinity War Part 1' title
- Constance Wu says Matt Damon's 'Great Wall' perpetuates 'racist myth'