‘Wakey Wakey campers! it’s another lovely day!’ That’s what guests woke up to at butlin’s holiday camps, disneyland-like British resorts popular in the ’60s – ’70s featured in Our True Intent Is All For Your Delight: The John Hinde Butlin’s Photographs (Chris Boot, $39.95). Hinde, a postcard tycoon and color-photography pioneer, hired lensmen to shoot supersaturated, staged images there. The result? Glorious, color-rich kitsch.
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Shia LaBeouf arrested in Austin for public intoxication
- The 'Robot Chicken' cast can't stop talking about 'Pretty Little Liars'
- 'Mr. Robot' cast reveal how they recover from intense scenes
- Fox cuts 'Minority Report' order to 10 episodes
- 'Con Man' panel fulfilled our 'Firefly' dreams at New York Comic Con
- Clark Gregg on whether 'Agents of SHIELD' will ever encounter mutants
- Watch Aladdin and Jasmine reunite for 'A Whole New World'