‘Wakey Wakey campers! it’s another lovely day!’ That’s what guests woke up to at butlin’s holiday camps, disneyland-like British resorts popular in the ’60s – ’70s featured in Our True Intent Is All For Your Delight: The John Hinde Butlin’s Photographs (Chris Boot, $39.95). Hinde, a postcard tycoon and color-photography pioneer, hired lensmen to shoot supersaturated, staged images there. The result? Glorious, color-rich kitsch.
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bones final season details, premiere date revealed
- 'Final Fantasy XV' beautifully teases an 'Omen' of chaos Noctis
- Mariah Carey and fiance James Packer have split
- Gerard Butler set for threequel 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Tracey Ullman interprets Melania Trump's campaign style
- 'Don't Think Twice' stars on their worst audience experiences
- Daisy Ridley responds to Rey being called a ‘Mary Sue’