‘Wakey Wakey campers! it’s another lovely day!’ That’s what guests woke up to at butlin’s holiday camps, disneyland-like British resorts popular in the ’60s – ’70s featured in Our True Intent Is All For Your Delight: The John Hinde Butlin’s Photographs (Chris Boot, $39.95). Hinde, a postcard tycoon and color-photography pioneer, hired lensmen to shoot supersaturated, staged images there. The result? Glorious, color-rich kitsch.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': Mystery roles for Julie Delpy and Linda Cardellini
- 'The Americans' bosses on Paige, her future, and the endgame after (spoiler!)
- Casting Net: Anna Kendrick joins Zac Efron in 'Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates'
- Will Ferrell, Kristen Wiig in Lifetime movie (no, really!)
- Kendrick Lamar goes back to Compton for 'King Kunta' video: Watch
- Katie Couric pulls off 'an amazing prank' on James Corden for April Fools' Day: Watch
- From People: Courteney Cox steals Erin Foster's socks in 'Barely Famous' clip