Although Disney’s animated Jungle Book follow-up opens with a charming shadow-puppet synopsis of the 1967 original, it soon takes an unsatisfying turn. After Mowgli (Osment) leaves his village for the jungle and his bear buddy, Baloo (Goodman), the film becomes just a rote rehash of its predecessor, with oh-so-similar appearances by the hypnotizing snake Kaa and the ominous Shere Khan, as well as some barely adequate musical numbers. The only alteration is a flimsy friendship between the man-cub and his new gal pal–and that doesn’t justify a sequel.
Genre: Animation, Kids and Family, Comedy; Starring: John Goodman, Haley Joel Osment, Phil Collins, Tony Jay, Jim Cummings; Director: Steven Trenbirth; Author: Karl Geurs; Release Date Wide: 02/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 72; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Rebel Wilson & Jimmy Fallon sing about the perks of single life
- See Rebel Wilson play Chubby Bunny with Jimmy Fallon
- 'PPZ': Matt Smith reveals Mr. Collins’ secret crush on Mr. Darcy
- Steven Yeun on why Glenn has yet to kill another human on 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel