Although Disney’s animated Jungle Book follow-up opens with a charming shadow-puppet synopsis of the 1967 original, it soon takes an unsatisfying turn. After Mowgli (Osment) leaves his village for the jungle and his bear buddy, Baloo (Goodman), the film becomes just a rote rehash of its predecessor, with oh-so-similar appearances by the hypnotizing snake Kaa and the ominous Shere Khan, as well as some barely adequate musical numbers. The only alteration is a flimsy friendship between the man-cub and his new gal pal–and that doesn’t justify a sequel.
Genre: Animation, Kids and Family, Comedy; Starring: John Goodman, Haley Joel Osment, Phil Collins, Tony Jay, Jim Cummings; Director: Steven Trenbirth; Author: Karl Geurs; Release Date Wide: 02/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 72; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards: The Winners
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller Kate & Kate and More!