Although Disney’s animated Jungle Book follow-up opens with a charming shadow-puppet synopsis of the 1967 original, it soon takes an unsatisfying turn. After Mowgli (Osment) leaves his village for the jungle and his bear buddy, Baloo (Goodman), the film becomes just a rote rehash of its predecessor, with oh-so-similar appearances by the hypnotizing snake Kaa and the ominous Shere Khan, as well as some barely adequate musical numbers. The only alteration is a flimsy friendship between the man-cub and his new gal pal–and that doesn’t justify a sequel.
Genre: Animation, Kids and Family, Comedy; Starring: John Goodman, Haley Joel Osment, Phil Collins, Tony Jay, Jim Cummings; Director: Steven Trenbirth; Author: Karl Geurs; Release Date Wide: 02/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 72; MPAA Rating: G; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy