DIRTY DANCING: HAVANA NIGHTS Nobody puts Baby in the corner. In fact, she’s MIA from the ”Nights”-life altogether (Patrick Swayze will cameo). Instead, this spin-off (due in February) pairs Diego Luna (”Y Tu Mama Tambien”) and Romola Garai (”I Capture the Castle”) as a couple of star-crossed dancing machines having the time of their lives in pre-revolutionary Cuba (the film was shot in Puerto Rico). ”Before this film, the only dancing I did was in a club after having a few tequilas,” says Luna, 23. ”But now, my salsa teachers [on set] created a monster…. I dance much better, I enjoy it, and I don’t have to be drunk!”
(Dirty Dancing Havana Nights: Barry Wetcher)
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing new Wild West drama series 'Untamed'
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!