DIRTY DANCING: HAVANA NIGHTS Nobody puts Baby in the corner. In fact, she’s MIA from the ”Nights”-life altogether (Patrick Swayze will cameo). Instead, this spin-off (due in February) pairs Diego Luna (”Y Tu Mama Tambien”) and Romola Garai (”I Capture the Castle”) as a couple of star-crossed dancing machines having the time of their lives in pre-revolutionary Cuba (the film was shot in Puerto Rico). ”Before this film, the only dancing I did was in a club after having a few tequilas,” says Luna, 23. ”But now, my salsa teachers [on set] created a monster…. I dance much better, I enjoy it, and I don’t have to be drunk!”
(Dirty Dancing Havana Nights: Barry Wetcher)
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Jason Isaacs to play villain in Gore Verbinski's horror flick 'A Cure for Wellness'
- 'Stitchers' react: Ambitious premise loses its thread
- Jay Rock shares introspective 'Money Trees Deuce'
- 'Entourage' becomes next victim of 'Honest Trailers' treatment
- 'Paper Towns' trailer sets up the mystery of Margo
- Twisted Sister documentary acquired by Music Box Films
- Gillian Anderson-led 'Streetcar Named Desire' coming to New York