The raunchy tale of three grown men regressing to their fraternity days – the unrated version is raunchy-plus, with bonus seconds of bare breasts – is a well-worn homage to old-school ”SNL”-alum comedies (complete with a ”Stripes”-ish topless K-Y wrestling match and countless ”Animal House” allusions), and cast with actors who rehash their most practiced personas (Vince Vaughn: smugly manipulative; Will Ferrell: earnestly blank-eyed). In theaters, the spotty outrageousness was never quite as funny as you’d hoped, but when seen at home on your couch, its familiarity makes ”Old School” just as funny as it needs to be.
(Old School: Darren Michaels)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, Luke Wilson, Elisha Cuthbert, Andy Dick, Craig Kilborn, Artie Lange, Juliette Lewis, Jeremy Piven, Ellen Pompeo, Leah Remini, Seann William Scott; Director: Todd Phillips; Author: Court Crandall, Todd Phillips; Release Date Wide: 02/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing Wild West drama series Untamed
- Ann Rule, true-crime author, dies at 83
- 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Originals' add a bunch of new faces
- 'Lost' actor replaces 'Flash' star as Sandy Cohen in 'O.C.' musical
- Andy Richter responds to 'Conan' lawsuit
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!