The raunchy tale of three grown men regressing to their fraternity days – the unrated version is raunchy-plus, with bonus seconds of bare breasts – is a well-worn homage to old-school ”SNL”-alum comedies (complete with a ”Stripes”-ish topless K-Y wrestling match and countless ”Animal House” allusions), and cast with actors who rehash their most practiced personas (Vince Vaughn: smugly manipulative; Will Ferrell: earnestly blank-eyed). In theaters, the spotty outrageousness was never quite as funny as you’d hoped, but when seen at home on your couch, its familiarity makes ”Old School” just as funny as it needs to be.
(Old School: Darren Michaels)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, Luke Wilson, Elisha Cuthbert, Andy Dick, Craig Kilborn, Artie Lange, Juliette Lewis, Jeremy Piven, Ellen Pompeo, Leah Remini, Seann William Scott; Director: Todd Phillips; Author: Court Crandall, Todd Phillips; Release Date Wide: 02/21/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 91; MPAA Rating: R
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!