Planetside is an online-only game in the tradition of Sony’s ”Everquest.” But in contrast to the leisurely pace of traditional MMOGs (massively multiplayer online games), the action is unprecedented: Think ”Counterstrike” with thousands on each team. Gameplay includes some character building to help justify the $12.99/month fee, but the battles – often involving hundreds of players piloting planes, cars, and armored combat suits – are the real draw. Seamless play and staggering detail make this quite possibly the most ambitious online action game to date.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- 'SNL react: Your quick take on The Rock and George Ezra?
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!