Planetside is an online-only game in the tradition of Sony’s ”Everquest.” But in contrast to the leisurely pace of traditional MMOGs (massively multiplayer online games), the action is unprecedented: Think ”Counterstrike” with thousands on each team. Gameplay includes some character building to help justify the $12.99/month fee, but the battles – often involving hundreds of players piloting planes, cars, and armored combat suits – are the real draw. Seamless play and staggering detail make this quite possibly the most ambitious online action game to date.
Posted January 17 2015 — 6:16 AM EST
- 'Mr. Sloane' creator talks about his Nick Frost sitcom and the future of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'
- U2 puts on surprise performance on New York subway platform
- Sex workers featured on A&E's '8 Minutes' say network failed to offer help, privacy
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' preview clip: Meet the judges
- 'Conan' is going to Comic-Con
- Barbarossa wanders the woods in video for sparse 'Imager'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!