Planetside is an online-only game in the tradition of Sony’s ”Everquest.” But in contrast to the leisurely pace of traditional MMOGs (massively multiplayer online games), the action is unprecedented: Think ”Counterstrike” with thousands on each team. Gameplay includes some character building to help justify the $12.99/month fee, but the battles – often involving hundreds of players piloting planes, cars, and armored combat suits – are the real draw. Seamless play and staggering detail make this quite possibly the most ambitious online action game to date.
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Leslie Jones once worked as a Scientology telemarketer
- Singles Swap: EW's fresh suggestions for brand new tunes
- See the winning cover for 'Taylor Swift: This Is Our Song'
- WATCH: Gary Oldman, Asa Butterfield in 'The Space Between Us' trailer
- 'The Nice Guys' director Shane Black explains his love for Christmas
- James Blake tells stories behind the collaborations on his new album
- 'Survivor's Remorse' season 3 first look is all drama, no Uncle Julius