Planetside is an online-only game in the tradition of Sony’s ”Everquest.” But in contrast to the leisurely pace of traditional MMOGs (massively multiplayer online games), the action is unprecedented: Think ”Counterstrike” with thousands on each team. Gameplay includes some character building to help justify the $12.99/month fee, but the battles – often involving hundreds of players piloting planes, cars, and armored combat suits – are the real draw. Seamless play and staggering detail make this quite possibly the most ambitious online action game to date.
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt