Planetside is an online-only game in the tradition of Sony’s ”Everquest.” But in contrast to the leisurely pace of traditional MMOGs (massively multiplayer online games), the action is unprecedented: Think ”Counterstrike” with thousands on each team. Gameplay includes some character building to help justify the $12.99/month fee, but the battles – often involving hundreds of players piloting planes, cars, and armored combat suits – are the real draw. Seamless play and staggering detail make this quite possibly the most ambitious online action game to date.
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alison Brie joins Jenji Kohan's all-female wrestling series 'G.L.O.W.'
- Riz Ahmed on how 'The Night Of' captured the current zeitgeist
- Rudy Giuliani slams Beyoncé 'I saved more black lives' than her
- Jay Z, Beyoncé, Kanye West, Kim Kardashian hung out after the VMAs
- Britney Spears wants to collaborate with Justin Timberlake
- Lauren Conrad joins 'Laguna Beach' stars for Dieter Schmitz's wedding
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj get sweaty in 'Side to Side' video