Planetside is an online-only game in the tradition of Sony’s ”Everquest.” But in contrast to the leisurely pace of traditional MMOGs (massively multiplayer online games), the action is unprecedented: Think ”Counterstrike” with thousands on each team. Gameplay includes some character building to help justify the $12.99/month fee, but the battles – often involving hundreds of players piloting planes, cars, and armored combat suits – are the real draw. Seamless play and staggering detail make this quite possibly the most ambitious online action game to date.
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Martian,' 'Trumbo,' and 'Spotlight' to screen at Toronto
- Michael Jackson's white glove is up for auction for $20,000
- How one comic book is tackling female sexuality in totally new ways
- Director Jon Watts on how 'Cop Car' helped him land 'Spider-Man'
- John Cena's nose got broken on 'Monday Night Raw'
- Hear an exclusive Deer Tick song from upcoming Amazon Music playlist
- Farm Aid 30th anniversary show to feature new stars
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!