Stalked by the incarnation of her childhood nightmares–crustaceanlike creatures that lurk in the shadows, waiting for the lights to go out–glum grad student Julia (Regan) takes a little too long to catch on to the danger as she schlepps around a rain-soaked city plagued by blackouts. But while teasing out our anticipation, the movie (”presented,” but not directed or produced, by Craven) also builds a genuine sense of dread before finally unleashing its series of glancing jolts. The last one alone is worth the rental fee.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Laura Regan, Jon Abrahams, Marc Blucas, Dagmara Dominczyk, Ethan Embry; Director: Robert Harmon; Author: Brendan Hood; Release Date Wide: 11/27/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Dimension Films
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt