Stalked by the incarnation of her childhood nightmares–crustaceanlike creatures that lurk in the shadows, waiting for the lights to go out–glum grad student Julia (Regan) takes a little too long to catch on to the danger as she schlepps around a rain-soaked city plagued by blackouts. But while teasing out our anticipation, the movie (”presented,” but not directed or produced, by Craven) also builds a genuine sense of dread before finally unleashing its series of glancing jolts. The last one alone is worth the rental fee.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Laura Regan, Jon Abrahams, Marc Blucas, Dagmara Dominczyk, Ethan Embry; Director: Robert Harmon; Author: Brendan Hood; Release Date Wide: 11/27/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Dimension Films
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Destiny' sequel expected in 2017, major expansion coming this year
- AMC orders late-night talk show from Kevin Smith, Greg Grunberg
- How 'The Muppets' reinvented a brighter, funnier midseason
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Robert Redford narrates 'National Parks Adventure' doc
- 'Silicon Valley': See the first trailer for season 3
- CW sets premiere dates for 'Containment,' 'Beauty and the Beast'
- EW Staff Picks: Which other TV shows deserve the reboot/revival treatment?
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996