Stalked by the incarnation of her childhood nightmares–crustaceanlike creatures that lurk in the shadows, waiting for the lights to go out–glum grad student Julia (Regan) takes a little too long to catch on to the danger as she schlepps around a rain-soaked city plagued by blackouts. But while teasing out our anticipation, the movie (”presented,” but not directed or produced, by Craven) also builds a genuine sense of dread before finally unleashing its series of glancing jolts. The last one alone is worth the rental fee.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Laura Regan, Jon Abrahams, Marc Blucas, Dagmara Dominczyk, Ethan Embry; Director: Robert Harmon; Author: Brendan Hood; Release Date Wide: 11/27/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Dimension Films
Posted June 13 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman gets a tribute at the Indy 500--but it ends in a crash
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- ‘Tomorrowland’ leads slow Memorial Day weekend at box office
- Jennifer Aniston's '90s throwback photo is picture perfect
- Straight No Chaser step into Jim Nabors' shoes, sing to kick off the Indy 500
- Dave Grohl joins Paul McCartney on London stage: Watch
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!