In ”2 Fast 2 Furious,” an underworld kingpin tortures a potential squealer by placing a rat on the guy’s stomach, covering the rodent with a metal bucket, and heating it with a blowtorch – with the implication that the rat will chew through anything to get out. ”Rats have really strong, powerful jaws and certainly will chew to get through things, including human flesh,” says Dr. Joanne Paul-Murphy, special-species veterinary professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. ”The first thing the rat would do is try to squeeze out or chew through the bucket…though he might get frustrated and try to eat something else a little bit less resistant, which would be the person.”
(2 Fast 2 Furious: Eli Reed; Rat: G.K. and Vikki Hart/Getty Images)
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Matt LeBlanc has mixed feelings about 'Episodes' ending
- 'The Predator' cowriter compares film to 'Aliens'
- WATCH: Katie Couric has learned to love her cellulite
- Kirk and Krall face off in new 'Star Trek Beyond' posters
- Surfer Blood guitarist Thomas Fekete dies after cancer battle
- 'The Hills' turns 10: 13 things we learned from Spencer Pratt
- Maya Rudolph & Martin Short dish on new variety series 'Maya & Marty'
- The Best 'Bachelor' and 'Bachelorette' Jobs
- Disney Classics Making New Magic On Screen
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos