In ”2 Fast 2 Furious,” an underworld kingpin tortures a potential squealer by placing a rat on the guy’s stomach, covering the rodent with a metal bucket, and heating it with a blowtorch – with the implication that the rat will chew through anything to get out. ”Rats have really strong, powerful jaws and certainly will chew to get through things, including human flesh,” says Dr. Joanne Paul-Murphy, special-species veterinary professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. ”The first thing the rat would do is try to squeeze out or chew through the bucket…though he might get frustrated and try to eat something else a little bit less resistant, which would be the person.”
(2 Fast 2 Furious: Eli Reed; Rat: G.K. and Vikki Hart/Getty Images)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Watch Ethan Hawke, Jimmy Fallon channel their inner Bob Dylan to sing a few lullabies
- References in Sufjan Stevens' 'Carrie & Lowell,' explained
- Kevin James parodies 'Furious 7' as Paul Blart
- 'A Place To Call Home': 7 reasons to watch Australia's sexiest period soap
- Audi commercial features new 'Avengers: Age of Ultron,' 'Ant-Man' footage
- See the cover of James Dashner's 'The Game of Lives'
- Nick Jonas goes to raves, drives psychedelic golf cart in new 'Chains' video
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!