In ”2 Fast 2 Furious,” an underworld kingpin tortures a potential squealer by placing a rat on the guy’s stomach, covering the rodent with a metal bucket, and heating it with a blowtorch – with the implication that the rat will chew through anything to get out. ”Rats have really strong, powerful jaws and certainly will chew to get through things, including human flesh,” says Dr. Joanne Paul-Murphy, special-species veterinary professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. ”The first thing the rat would do is try to squeeze out or chew through the bucket…though he might get frustrated and try to eat something else a little bit less resistant, which would be the person.”
(2 Fast 2 Furious: Eli Reed; Rat: G.K. and Vikki Hart/Getty Images)
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Meghan Trainor drawn as a 'Peanuts' character
- Mark Hamill to return as The Joker for 'The Killing Joke'
- Hugh Jackman shares final ‘Wolverine’ teaser image
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Beyoncé, Kanye West, Uma Thurman & More!