Fans of Traffic jams take note: On Winwood’s new album, he finally shuns the yuppie R&B that marred his late-’80s and early-’90s solo work and revives the organic, solo-driven style that stoked Traffic classics like ”Low Spark of High Heeled Boys.” Winwood’s Hammond B-3 organ burns through every track, and his crack band snakes through influences from jazz to reggae to Brazilian music. It’s about time.
About TimeFans of Traffic jams take note: On Winwood's new album, he finally shuns the yuppie R&B that marred his late-'80s and early-'90s solo work and revives...About TimeFans of Traffic jams take note: On Winwood's new album, he finally shuns the yuppie R&B that marred his late-'80s and early-'90s solo work and revives...2003-06-20
Lead Performer: Steve Winwood; Producer (group): SCI Fidelity
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'Hawaii Five-0' taps Julie Benz as Chin's love interest
- The Vision: See Paul Bettany assemble the synthetic Avenger
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!