There are plenty of things that go boom, pow, and rat-a-tat-tat in this Hong Kong thriller about rival assassins and the woman (the enigmatic Kelly Lin) caught between them. But who needs all that noisy stuff when you’ve got two stars so magnetic they can turn a somewhat derivative action drama – complete with El Mariachi, Point Break, and The Usual Suspects references – into an emotionally charged piece of dizzy fun? EXTRAS Also amusing are some behind-the-scenes footage and a swift making-of filmlet in which Asian superstar Lau speaks matter-of-factly about stunt work while comically marveling at the challenges of filming a love scene.
Genre: Foreign Language, Action/Adventure; Starring: Andy Lau, Kelly Lin, Takashi Sorimachi; Director: Johnnie To; Author: Wai Ka-fai, Joseph O'Bryan; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Palm
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- Sherlock creator: Making U.S. fans wait longer is 'bloody nonsense'
- Marvel changes the Avengers lineup, adding Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales
- One Direction address Zayn Malik's exit: 'It's far from over'
- Jason Alexander to replace Larry David in 'Fish in the Dark' on Broadway
- Former 'Mad Men' stars talk saying goodbye and the 'brilliantly talented' Jon Hamm
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!