Long before the Strokes discovered hair gel or Interpol perfected their pout, Brooklyn’s Mink Lungs were flipping hipster lids with space-pop hootenannies that incorporated live ants, pyrotechnics, farm animals – and the obligatory Jimmy Swaggart impersonator! That flair for bizarro theatrics finally gets a proper translation on their second album, which hurtles through your brain like an out-of-control UFO filled with lovers, pervs, and stalkers crash-landing into a mountain of Pixies discs. Somewhere, Philip K. Dick is flashing the devil horns.
I'll Take It Long before the Strokes discovered hair gel or Interpol perfected their pout, Brooklyn's Mink Lungs were flipping hipster lids with space-pop...I'll Take It Long before the Strokes discovered hair gel or Interpol perfected their pout, Brooklyn's Mink Lungs were flipping hipster lids with space-pop...2003-06-20
Producer (group): Arena Rock
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!