Long before the Strokes discovered hair gel or Interpol perfected their pout, Brooklyn’s Mink Lungs were flipping hipster lids with space-pop hootenannies that incorporated live ants, pyrotechnics, farm animals – and the obligatory Jimmy Swaggart impersonator! That flair for bizarro theatrics finally gets a proper translation on their second album, which hurtles through your brain like an out-of-control UFO filled with lovers, pervs, and stalkers crash-landing into a mountain of Pixies discs. Somewhere, Philip K. Dick is flashing the devil horns.
I'll Take It Long before the Strokes discovered hair gel or Interpol perfected their pout, Brooklyn's Mink Lungs were flipping hipster lids with space-pop...I'll Take It Long before the Strokes discovered hair gel or Interpol perfected their pout, Brooklyn's Mink Lungs were flipping hipster lids with space-pop...2003-06-20
Producer (group): Arena Rock
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Arthur Conan Doyle's estate is suing Miramax over 'Mr. Holmes'
- A$AP Rocky and Schoolboy Q shock with 'Electric Body'
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen aren't returning for Netflix's 'Fuller House'
- Two more (unofficial) Drake songs leak, including Tinashe collaboration
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Eminem to executive produce 'Southpaw' soundtrack: Hear a sneak peek of his new song
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I'm Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!