Long before the Strokes discovered hair gel or Interpol perfected their pout, Brooklyn’s Mink Lungs were flipping hipster lids with space-pop hootenannies that incorporated live ants, pyrotechnics, farm animals – and the obligatory Jimmy Swaggart impersonator! That flair for bizarro theatrics finally gets a proper translation on their second album, which hurtles through your brain like an out-of-control UFO filled with lovers, pervs, and stalkers crash-landing into a mountain of Pixies discs. Somewhere, Philip K. Dick is flashing the devil horns.
I'll Take It Long before the Strokes discovered hair gel or Interpol perfected their pout, Brooklyn's Mink Lungs were flipping hipster lids with space-pop...I'll Take It Long before the Strokes discovered hair gel or Interpol perfected their pout, Brooklyn's Mink Lungs were flipping hipster lids with space-pop...2003-06-20
Producer (group): Arena Rock
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Woody Allen says private life doesn't resonate in his films
- 'Law & Order' director arrested on child pornography charges
- 'Secret in Their Eyes' gets new release date
- 'Friends' creator: Those $1 million cast salaries were 'ridiculous'
- See a clip from Lifetime's 'The Unauthorized Full House Story'
- NatGeo announces 'Big Game of Thrones,' admits HBO won't let them keep title
- Bryan Cranston’s 'Sneaky Pete' pilot picked up by Amazon
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!