Gwen Stefani is putting a new twist on her status as a platinum artist. The Grammy-winning singer has been tapped by director Martin Scorsese to play one of the original blond bombshells, Jean Harlow, in his Howard Hughes biopic, The Aviator (filming is set to begin in July). So, did swapping her bindis, punky pink ‘do, and braces for retro duds and coifs yield believable results? No doubt!
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen King releases 'Drunken Fireworks' audiobook
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Rocky' spinoff 'Creed': First trailer's here
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!