Gwen Stefani is putting a new twist on her status as a platinum artist. The Grammy-winning singer has been tapped by director Martin Scorsese to play one of the original blond bombshells, Jean Harlow, in his Howard Hughes biopic, The Aviator (filming is set to begin in July). So, did swapping her bindis, punky pink ‘do, and braces for retro duds and coifs yield believable results? No doubt!
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized: Report
- David Duchovny on 'Late Show': 'X-Files' revival plans return of Walter Skinner and Smoking Man
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!