In well-worn romantic-comedy tradition, Kutcher and Murphy are a mismatched couple (he’s a regular Joe, she’s a pampered rich girl) whose perfect relationship is ruined by marriage – more specifically, by a disastrous European honeymoon. There’s a certain appeal to the then-real-life couple, but way too much face-bashing, wall-crashing, foot-stuck-in-something (twice!) slapstick detracts from what could have been a charming bit of retro-screwball fluff. EXTRAS The main draw of the DVD offerings, which include a Comedy Central game show-cum-trailer with the lovebirds and an audio commentary in which they giggle and riff with director Shawn Levy, is catching the stars in full-on cutesy-couple mode.
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Ashton Kutcher, Brittany Murphy, Christian Kane, Taran Killam, Monet Mazur; Director: Shawn Levy; Author: Andrew Bergman, Sam Harper, Gary Ross (Writer); Release Date Wide: 01/10/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan' is a movie about acting
- 'Finding Dory' stars share an adorable Mother's Day message
- 'American Idol' alum Rickey Smith dies at 36
- Ben Affleck has a new role in making 'Justice League'
- Colin Farrell: 'Fright Night' is my greatest success... because of mom
- All the details on City Year's star-studded Spring Break event
- 'Lost' composer Michael Giacchino is scoring 'Doctor Strange'