In well-worn romantic-comedy tradition, Kutcher and Murphy are a mismatched couple (he’s a regular Joe, she’s a pampered rich girl) whose perfect relationship is ruined by marriage – more specifically, by a disastrous European honeymoon. There’s a certain appeal to the then-real-life couple, but way too much face-bashing, wall-crashing, foot-stuck-in-something (twice!) slapstick detracts from what could have been a charming bit of retro-screwball fluff. EXTRAS The main draw of the DVD offerings, which include a Comedy Central game show-cum-trailer with the lovebirds and an audio commentary in which they giggle and riff with director Shawn Levy, is catching the stars in full-on cutesy-couple mode.
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Ashton Kutcher, Brittany Murphy, Christian Kane, Taran Killam, Monet Mazur; Director: Shawn Levy; Author: Andrew Bergman, Sam Harper, Gary Ross (Writer); Release Date Wide: 01/10/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bill Murray crashes White House press briefing to talk Cubs baseball
- 'Secrets and Lies' sneak peek: Eric and Cornell meet again
- ‘Captain Marvel’ will be ‘strongest character we’ve ever had': Marvel
- Lynda Carter, Gal Gadot reflect on 75 years of Wonder Woman
- Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn parody Beyoncé's 'Formation'
- Jennifer Lawrence attached to star in Zelda Fitzgerald biopic
- 'Big Brother: Over the Top latest evicted guest speaks out