In well-worn romantic-comedy tradition, Kutcher and Murphy are a mismatched couple (he’s a regular Joe, she’s a pampered rich girl) whose perfect relationship is ruined by marriage – more specifically, by a disastrous European honeymoon. There’s a certain appeal to the then-real-life couple, but way too much face-bashing, wall-crashing, foot-stuck-in-something (twice!) slapstick detracts from what could have been a charming bit of retro-screwball fluff. EXTRAS The main draw of the DVD offerings, which include a Comedy Central game show-cum-trailer with the lovebirds and an audio commentary in which they giggle and riff with director Shawn Levy, is catching the stars in full-on cutesy-couple mode.
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Ashton Kutcher, Brittany Murphy, Christian Kane, Taran Killam, Monet Mazur; Director: Shawn Levy; Author: Andrew Bergman, Sam Harper, Gary Ross (Writer); Release Date Wide: 01/10/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- MTV is bringing 'TRL' back to encourage voter registration
- Martin Scorsese's 'Silence' lands awards season release date
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' sneak peek offers hint at director's identity
- 'MythBusters' spin-off gets Nerdist host
- Emma Watson narrates powerful short film on gender equality
- 'The Good Place': Kristen Bell reveals fun facts on Twitter
- John Carpenter's eerie new music video is 'an android's nightmare'