In well-worn romantic-comedy tradition, Kutcher and Murphy are a mismatched couple (he’s a regular Joe, she’s a pampered rich girl) whose perfect relationship is ruined by marriage – more specifically, by a disastrous European honeymoon. There’s a certain appeal to the then-real-life couple, but way too much face-bashing, wall-crashing, foot-stuck-in-something (twice!) slapstick detracts from what could have been a charming bit of retro-screwball fluff. EXTRAS The main draw of the DVD offerings, which include a Comedy Central game show-cum-trailer with the lovebirds and an audio commentary in which they giggle and riff with director Shawn Levy, is catching the stars in full-on cutesy-couple mode.
Genre: Romance, Comedy; Starring: Ashton Kutcher, Brittany Murphy, Christian Kane, Taran Killam, Monet Mazur; Director: Shawn Levy; Author: Andrew Bergman, Sam Harper, Gary Ross (Writer); Release Date Wide: 01/10/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 94; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George Takei: Nimoy 'the most human person I've ever met'
- Zachary Quinto on Leonard Nimoy: 'a father figure to me'
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell in 'Get Hard': Red-band trailer really, REALLY NSFW
- Natalie Dormer stars in Hozier's 'Someone New' video
- Vincent D'Onofrio as 'Daredevil' nemesis Wilson Fisk: First Look
- Pharrell talks 'The Voice,' Lionel Richie as adviser
- 'Spider-Man': Drew Goddard as director?