Who’s the nerviest wimp in current pop music? No, not Clay Aiken. Try William McAuley III – a.k.a. BLEU – who on REDHEAD(Aware/Columbia) has created a concept album about a guy who whines to, rages at, and peeps on a woman who obviously dumped him for doing all that stuff. Embedded in lush melodies loamy with layered guitars and rich, soaring vocals that were multitracked in collaboration with Semisonic’s Dan Wilson, Redhead is a sustained meditation on romantic obsession. Doesn’t matter whether he’s running into his love object’s mother (”Somethin’s Gotta Give”) or sublimating his frustration with a rubber blow-up doll (the unlisted ”Dance Dance Baby Doll Dance”), Bleu is blue. ”What if I wasn’t wound so tight?” he muses miserably on ”Somebody Else.” Well, you might have got the girl, Bleu, but you probably wouldn’t have made this squirmily gorgeous album.
Redhead Who's the nerviest wimp in current pop music? No, not Clay Aiken. Try William McAuley III -- a.k.a. BLEU -- who on REDHEAD(Aware/Columbia) has created...Redhead Who's the nerviest wimp in current pop music? No, not Clay Aiken. Try William McAuley III -- a.k.a. BLEU -- who on REDHEAD(Aware/Columbia) has created...2003-06-20
Lead Performer: Bleu
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Bad Boys 3' director to write 'Uncharted' movie adaptation
- Sony deletes 'Ghostbusters' tweet congratulating Hillary Clinton
- 'Harry Potter & the Cursed Child': Bookstores prepare release parties
- Did 'The Vampire Diaries' just cast Matt Donovan's dad?
- 'Sharknado 4' director teases Tara Reid return and even more jokes
- Orlando Bloom joins Andy Samberg HBO mockumentary 'Tour de Pharmacy'
- Justin Bieber teases music video for Major Lazer collab 'Cold Water'