Who’s the nerviest wimp in current pop music? No, not Clay Aiken. Try William McAuley III – a.k.a. BLEU – who on REDHEAD(Aware/Columbia) has created a concept album about a guy who whines to, rages at, and peeps on a woman who obviously dumped him for doing all that stuff. Embedded in lush melodies loamy with layered guitars and rich, soaring vocals that were multitracked in collaboration with Semisonic’s Dan Wilson, Redhead is a sustained meditation on romantic obsession. Doesn’t matter whether he’s running into his love object’s mother (”Somethin’s Gotta Give”) or sublimating his frustration with a rubber blow-up doll (the unlisted ”Dance Dance Baby Doll Dance”), Bleu is blue. ”What if I wasn’t wound so tight?” he muses miserably on ”Somebody Else.” Well, you might have got the girl, Bleu, but you probably wouldn’t have made this squirmily gorgeous album.
Redhead Who's the nerviest wimp in current pop music? No, not Clay Aiken. Try William McAuley III -- a.k.a. BLEU -- who on REDHEAD(Aware/Columbia) has created...Redhead Who's the nerviest wimp in current pop music? No, not Clay Aiken. Try William McAuley III -- a.k.a. BLEU -- who on REDHEAD(Aware/Columbia) has created...2003-06-20
Lead Performer: Bleu
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt