Who’s the nerviest wimp in current pop music? No, not Clay Aiken. Try William McAuley III – a.k.a. BLEU – who on REDHEAD(Aware/Columbia) has created a concept album about a guy who whines to, rages at, and peeps on a woman who obviously dumped him for doing all that stuff. Embedded in lush melodies loamy with layered guitars and rich, soaring vocals that were multitracked in collaboration with Semisonic’s Dan Wilson, Redhead is a sustained meditation on romantic obsession. Doesn’t matter whether he’s running into his love object’s mother (”Somethin’s Gotta Give”) or sublimating his frustration with a rubber blow-up doll (the unlisted ”Dance Dance Baby Doll Dance”), Bleu is blue. ”What if I wasn’t wound so tight?” he muses miserably on ”Somebody Else.” Well, you might have got the girl, Bleu, but you probably wouldn’t have made this squirmily gorgeous album.
Redhead Who's the nerviest wimp in current pop music? No, not Clay Aiken. Try William McAuley III -- a.k.a. BLEU -- who on REDHEAD(Aware/Columbia) has created...Redhead Who's the nerviest wimp in current pop music? No, not Clay Aiken. Try William McAuley III -- a.k.a. BLEU -- who on REDHEAD(Aware/Columbia) has created...2003-06-20
Lead Performer: Bleu
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo