A burned-out undercover narcotics detective (Jason Patric) teams with a loose-cannon lieutenant (Ray Liotta) to reopen the investigation of another cop’s murder in Narc – and there probably hasn’t been a more brutal bending of police procedures since Gene Hackman created the template in ”The French Connection.” Wallowing in Detroit’s squalid depths, they confront some pretty scummy lowlifes, but it’s when they’re battling their own demons that writer-director Joe Carnahan’s raw, messy, violent thriller gets truly dark – and ultimately devastating. EXTRAS Carnahan and editor John Gilroy contribute an anecdotally informative (and genuinely funny) commentary; four short docs, including an interview with ”French Connection” director William Friedkin, are equally informative, if less laugh-filled.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Ray Liotta, Chi McBride, Jason Patric, Busta Rhymes; Director: Joe Carnahan; Author: Joe Carnahan; Producer (person): Tom Cruise; Release Date Limited: 12/20/2002; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 1; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!