Like a bad diaper rash, Baby Bob is back for an insufferable eight-episode stay on CBS (Fridays at 8 p.m.). So wrong in every way, Bob features a talking infant – creepy enough on its own – who goo-goos such ca-ca as ”Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do – like put a penny in my mouth!” CBS stuck a pacifier in this unfunny Baby long ago (the net is burning off the remaining episodes this summer), but that doesn’t make it less painful to watch the once respectable Adam Arkin slum it as Bob’s overly earnest dad. If only we could smear our TV with diaper ointment and make it go away.
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Civil Twilight releases 'Story Of An Immigrant,' announces new album -- exclusive
- China monthly box-office tops U.S. for first time
- Nick Offerman to star in stage production of A Confederacy of Dunces
- See 'Ultron' with RDJ: Charity contest
- Hear Will Butler of Arcade Fire's solo debut Policy on Spotify
- 'Sound of Music' turns 50: Let's rank the Von Trapp children