Broadway’s Beehive-Heavy Hairspray blew away the competition at the June 8 Tony Awards: Dripping in Harry Winston diamonds, star Marissa Jaret Winokur snagged a statuette, as did Vanessa Redgrave (Long Day’s Journey Into Night) and Jane Krakowski, who costars with Antonio Banderas and Mary Stuart Masterson in Nine. Not to mention Billy Joel: ”Tony winner,” smiled Movin’ Out’s writer. ”That’s going to be a great prefix.” Hugh Jackman proved an affable host, though presenter Alan Cumming wouldn’t have minded an X2 Radio City reunion: ”An all-singing, all-dancing mutant duet. Can you imagine?”
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Star Wars' Celebration panel on 'Rogue One' and other stand-alones: We're live blogging it
- 'Furious 7' holds off 'Paul Blart' to win box office for third weekend in a row
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains why he quit 'The Daily Show'
- Jason Sudeikis on present (two Tribeca films), past ('SNL'), and future ('Fletch'?)
- 'Outlander' boss on Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!