Broadway’s Beehive-Heavy Hairspray blew away the competition at the June 8 Tony Awards: Dripping in Harry Winston diamonds, star Marissa Jaret Winokur snagged a statuette, as did Vanessa Redgrave (Long Day’s Journey Into Night) and Jane Krakowski, who costars with Antonio Banderas and Mary Stuart Masterson in Nine. Not to mention Billy Joel: ”Tony winner,” smiled Movin’ Out’s writer. ”That’s going to be a great prefix.” Hugh Jackman proved an affable host, though presenter Alan Cumming wouldn’t have minded an X2 Radio City reunion: ”An all-singing, all-dancing mutant duet. Can you imagine?”
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Steve Carell joins Woody Allen's next movie, replacing Bruce Willis
- 'Complications' canceled at USA
- 'No Escape' reviews: What are the critics saying?
- Darren Criss & Aaron Tveit duet 'Take Me or Leave Me' from 'Rent'
- Julian Seinfeld's lemonade stand shut down by the police
- J.K. Rowling applauds 'Harry Potter' stars' Twitter rivalry
- 'NCIS: LA' sneak peek: Callen is going rogue
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!