Broadway’s Beehive-Heavy Hairspray blew away the competition at the June 8 Tony Awards: Dripping in Harry Winston diamonds, star Marissa Jaret Winokur snagged a statuette, as did Vanessa Redgrave (Long Day’s Journey Into Night) and Jane Krakowski, who costars with Antonio Banderas and Mary Stuart Masterson in Nine. Not to mention Billy Joel: ”Tony winner,” smiled Movin’ Out’s writer. ”That’s going to be a great prefix.” Hugh Jackman proved an affable host, though presenter Alan Cumming wouldn’t have minded an X2 Radio City reunion: ”An all-singing, all-dancing mutant duet. Can you imagine?”
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama talks 'The Wire' with creator David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- NBC reviving Coach with Craig T. Nelson
- '12 Monkeys' boss answers some burning questions
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Idol' guest mentor Boy George picks the frontrunners of the Top 9
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!