Broadway’s Beehive-Heavy Hairspray blew away the competition at the June 8 Tony Awards: Dripping in Harry Winston diamonds, star Marissa Jaret Winokur snagged a statuette, as did Vanessa Redgrave (Long Day’s Journey Into Night) and Jane Krakowski, who costars with Antonio Banderas and Mary Stuart Masterson in Nine. Not to mention Billy Joel: ”Tony winner,” smiled Movin’ Out’s writer. ”That’s going to be a great prefix.” Hugh Jackman proved an affable host, though presenter Alan Cumming wouldn’t have minded an X2 Radio City reunion: ”An all-singing, all-dancing mutant duet. Can you imagine?”
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'