Broadway’s Beehive-Heavy Hairspray blew away the competition at the June 8 Tony Awards: Dripping in Harry Winston diamonds, star Marissa Jaret Winokur snagged a statuette, as did Vanessa Redgrave (Long Day’s Journey Into Night) and Jane Krakowski, who costars with Antonio Banderas and Mary Stuart Masterson in Nine. Not to mention Billy Joel: ”Tony winner,” smiled Movin’ Out’s writer. ”That’s going to be a great prefix.” Hugh Jackman proved an affable host, though presenter Alan Cumming wouldn’t have minded an X2 Radio City reunion: ”An all-singing, all-dancing mutant duet. Can you imagine?”
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce' season 2 premiere react: Abby gets schooled in divorce
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing
- Helen Mirren in talks to join Will Smith in 'Collateral Beauty'
- Nicholas Brendon opens up about suicide attempt on 'Dr. Phil'
- What if Peter Griffin was the voice of Chewbacca?