A rerelease of the 1973 soul-and-blues concert film. Some good moments, especially from Rufus Thomas, but what once looked like a proud expression of black unity now carries an eerie aura of segregation.
Genre: Documentary, Musical; Guest Performer: Issac Hayes, Jesse Jackson, Richard Pryor; Director: Mel Stuart; Release Date Limited: 06/06/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Repertory
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Preview John Arcudi's new prison murder mystery comic, 'Dead Inside'
- Shailene Woodley speaks out on Dakota Access Pipeline protest arrest
- Michael J. Fox still isn't sure how the science works in 'BTTF'
- #TrumpBookReport tweets trend after presidential debate
- Blink-182 recreate 'What's My Age Again?' clip with Adam Devine
- Bruce Springsteen wrote a song for 'Harry Potter' that was never used
- GLAAD celebrates Spirit Day with new 'Fun Home'-inspired music video