A rerelease of the 1973 soul-and-blues concert film. Some good moments, especially from Rufus Thomas, but what once looked like a proud expression of black unity now carries an eerie aura of segregation.
Genre: Documentary, Musical; Guest Performer: Issac Hayes, Jesse Jackson, Richard Pryor; Director: Mel Stuart; Release Date Limited: 06/06/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Repertory
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The best Twitter reactions to the premiere of 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Rob Delaney and Sharon Horgan navigate parenthood in new 'Catastrophe' trailer
- The 7 best pop culture references to Felicity's shocking haircut
- A quick guide to Nobel Prize winner Svetlana Alexievich's most noteworthy work
- Todrick Hall is Lady Gaga in new fabulous mashup
- Marvel announces 'Ant-Man' sequel and its surprising title
- 'Jane the Virgin' star Gina Rodriguez: 'I definitely haven't gone untouched' by bullying