A rerelease of the 1973 soul-and-blues concert film. Some good moments, especially from Rufus Thomas, but what once looked like a proud expression of black unity now carries an eerie aura of segregation.
Genre: Documentary, Musical; Guest Performer: Issac Hayes, Jesse Jackson, Richard Pryor; Director: Mel Stuart; Release Date Limited: 06/06/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Repertory
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'