A rerelease of the 1973 soul-and-blues concert film. Some good moments, especially from Rufus Thomas, but what once looked like a proud expression of black unity now carries an eerie aura of segregation.
Genre: Documentary, Musical; Guest Performer: Issac Hayes, Jesse Jackson, Richard Pryor; Director: Mel Stuart; Release Date Limited: 06/06/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Repertory
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Danny Brown drops new album three days early
- Kevin Kline to return to Broadway in Noël Coward's 'Present Laughter'
- 'Blindspot' star Sullivan Stapleton reacts to Weller's big news
- Tony Awards set the date for 2017 ceremony
- 'Stranger Things' star Gaten Matarazzo opens up about genetic disorder
- Marvel's 'Doctor Strange' conjures up 15-minute IMAX sneak peek
- Debra Messing wants a 'naughty' 'Will & Grace' revival