A rerelease of the 1973 soul-and-blues concert film. Some good moments, especially from Rufus Thomas, but what once looked like a proud expression of black unity now carries an eerie aura of segregation.
Genre: Documentary, Musical; Guest Performer: Issac Hayes, Jesse Jackson, Richard Pryor; Director: Mel Stuart; Release Date Limited: 06/06/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Sony Pictures Repertory
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton
- Chloë Grace Moretz urges millennials to vote Hillary at DNC
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Donald Trump's proposed Muslim ban is 'tyranny'
- Meryl Streep in talks to join Emily Blunt in 'Mary Poppins Returns'
- 'Law & Order: SVU' books VP Joe Biden
- 'Jason Bourne' franchise gets the Honest Trailers treatment
- 'Justice League' star to make cameo in 'Suicide Squad'