FREDDY VS. JASON Maybe she’s not such a survivor: Looks like Kelly Rowland’s destiny now lies in the razor-sharp hands of Freddy Krueger (”Nightmare” vet Robert Englund). On Aug. 15, the Grammy winner makes her film debut as Kia, a dream-deprived Elm Street teen caught up in a demonic duel between the scar-faced cranky-pants and hockey-masked Friday the 13th bad camper Jason Voorhees (Ken Kirzinger). ”The funny thing is that I’m the biggest scaredy-cat,” says Rowland, 22. ”On set, I couldn’t watch or hang out with Jason because his mask was just too freaky…. I must have old childhood issues.”
(Freddy Vs. Jason: James Dittiger)
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Oscar frontrunners set to gather at EW PopFest
- Tom Hanks still remembers the rap from 'Big'
- 'Walking Dead' quiz: How well do you know dead characters' last lines?
- Sean Penn on the political relevance of 'Bob Honey Who Just Do Stuff'
- Margot Robbie in talks to join 'Peter Rabbit' movie
- Why 'The Conjuring' is the perfect Halloween movie
- Isis King is 'the Kate Moss of the trans models' in 'Strut' finale clip