FREDDY VS. JASON Maybe she’s not such a survivor: Looks like Kelly Rowland’s destiny now lies in the razor-sharp hands of Freddy Krueger (”Nightmare” vet Robert Englund). On Aug. 15, the Grammy winner makes her film debut as Kia, a dream-deprived Elm Street teen caught up in a demonic duel between the scar-faced cranky-pants and hockey-masked Friday the 13th bad camper Jason Voorhees (Ken Kirzinger). ”The funny thing is that I’m the biggest scaredy-cat,” says Rowland, 22. ”On set, I couldn’t watch or hang out with Jason because his mask was just too freaky…. I must have old childhood issues.”
(Freddy Vs. Jason: James Dittiger)
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Downton Abbey' boss breaks down season 5 finale's surprises
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning Q's on Emma
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie: $19.1M
- 'Walking Dead': Tovah Feldshuh on her arrival as...
- 'Walking Dead' director Greg Nicotero on 'Remember'--and the scenes we didn't see
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition: 'craziest 24 hours'
- Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock: A tribute to the humane spirit