FREDDY VS. JASON Maybe she’s not such a survivor: Looks like Kelly Rowland’s destiny now lies in the razor-sharp hands of Freddy Krueger (”Nightmare” vet Robert Englund). On Aug. 15, the Grammy winner makes her film debut as Kia, a dream-deprived Elm Street teen caught up in a demonic duel between the scar-faced cranky-pants and hockey-masked Friday the 13th bad camper Jason Voorhees (Ken Kirzinger). ”The funny thing is that I’m the biggest scaredy-cat,” says Rowland, 22. ”On set, I couldn’t watch or hang out with Jason because his mask was just too freaky…. I must have old childhood issues.”
(Freddy Vs. Jason: James Dittiger)
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Being Mary Jane' postmortem: Loretta Devine talks gender-bending role
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on that shocking casualty
- Jennifer Garner joins Bryan Cranston in 'Wakefield'
- 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce' season 2 premiere react: Abby gets schooled in divorce
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing