FREDDY VS. JASON Maybe she’s not such a survivor: Looks like Kelly Rowland’s destiny now lies in the razor-sharp hands of Freddy Krueger (”Nightmare” vet Robert Englund). On Aug. 15, the Grammy winner makes her film debut as Kia, a dream-deprived Elm Street teen caught up in a demonic duel between the scar-faced cranky-pants and hockey-masked Friday the 13th bad camper Jason Voorhees (Ken Kirzinger). ”The funny thing is that I’m the biggest scaredy-cat,” says Rowland, 22. ”On set, I couldn’t watch or hang out with Jason because his mask was just too freaky…. I must have old childhood issues.”
(Freddy Vs. Jason: James Dittiger)
Posted June 20 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' postmortem: Elizabeth Henstridge talks surprising return
- The 10 most-promising 'Voice' contestants
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Bear Left Then Bear Write'
- Johnny Cash and Miranda Lambert get stars on the Music City Walk of Fame
- Casting Net: Jennifer Aniston, Jack Huston fly with 'The Yellow Birds'
- Hannibal Buress shares unaired 'Unemployable' pilot
- 'The Flash' boss on heartbreaking premiere twist