PAYCHECK ”What that machine’s doing is what you call a memory wipe,” explains the man in the hot seat, Ben Affleck, who must reassemble three years’ worth of erased recall in December’s sci-fi thriller ”Paycheck,” directed by John Woo (”M: I-2”). Affleck’s computer engineer soon realizes that perhaps he did something terrible during those missing years, and he has to find out what. ”There isn’t a lot of shooting or exploding; it’s more about building suspense,” he says. ”It’s a science fiction movie, but it’s got an old-fashioned style in a weird way, with a John Woo touch, which makes it feel modern and slick and beautiful.”
(Paycheck: Doug Curran)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Inside Out' clip: Joy has a special job for Sadness on the first day at a new school
- Host Luke Bryan on the ACM Awards' big stage: 'Certain people just really perform when the moment comes'
- 'Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany says fan love is 'like fuel for us'
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!