PAYCHECK ”What that machine’s doing is what you call a memory wipe,” explains the man in the hot seat, Ben Affleck, who must reassemble three years’ worth of erased recall in December’s sci-fi thriller ”Paycheck,” directed by John Woo (”M: I-2”). Affleck’s computer engineer soon realizes that perhaps he did something terrible during those missing years, and he has to find out what. ”There isn’t a lot of shooting or exploding; it’s more about building suspense,” he says. ”It’s a science fiction movie, but it’s got an old-fashioned style in a weird way, with a John Woo touch, which makes it feel modern and slick and beautiful.”
(Paycheck: Doug Curran)
Posted June 27 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!