Here’s a little something that oughta tip you off as to the kind of book this is: It’s in wide-screen. Matt Fraction and Kieron Dwyer’s bloody, bawdy tale of three bank robbers who made the wrong big score reads like a cross between The Getaway (the original Peckinpah, not that crappy Alec Baldwin – Kim Basinger remake) and Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, with James Garner as the weary, aging hood who faces down the Las Vegas Mob. The scratchy, sepia-toned artwork perfectly suits a comic book that looks like it was unearthed from some forgot-ten 1970s treasure trove. You won’t read a better B movie all summer.
Last of the Independents Here's a little something that oughta tip you off as to the kind of book this is: It's in wide-screen. Matt Fraction and Kieron Dwyer's bloody, bawdy...Last of the Independents Here's a little something that oughta tip you off as to the kind of book this is: It's in wide-screen. Matt Fraction and Kieron Dwyer's bloody, bawdy...2003-06-27
Producer (group): Sire, Warner Bros.
Posted June 27 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!