Finally, a New York City band that isn’t consumed by image. The Kings’ debut has all the nasal whine and new-wave ’80s guitar noodling of fellow scenesters Interpol and Elefant, though their less-manicured sound (and look – the singer has a beard!) owes more to the likes of ’90s alt-rock nerds Neutral Milk Hotel and the Sea and Cake. Little pretense, much jangly finger-snapping rock.
Salad Days Finally, a New York City band that isn't consumed by image. The Kings' debut has all the nasal whine and new-wave '80s guitar noodling of fellow...Salad Days Finally, a New York City band that isn't consumed by image. The Kings' debut has all the nasal whine and new-wave '80s guitar noodling of fellow...2003-06-27
Producer (group): Egret
Posted June 27 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans
- Miley Cyrus storms Virginia college to campaign for Hillary Clinton
- Lauryn Hill gives powerful performance of 'Rebel' on 'Charlie Rose'
- 'Jessica Jones' season 2: Showrunner promises all-female directors