Finally, a New York City band that isn’t consumed by image. The Kings’ debut has all the nasal whine and new-wave ’80s guitar noodling of fellow scenesters Interpol and Elefant, though their less-manicured sound (and look – the singer has a beard!) owes more to the likes of ’90s alt-rock nerds Neutral Milk Hotel and the Sea and Cake. Little pretense, much jangly finger-snapping rock.
Salad Days Finally, a New York City band that isn't consumed by image. The Kings' debut has all the nasal whine and new-wave '80s guitar noodling of fellow...Salad Days Finally, a New York City band that isn't consumed by image. The Kings' debut has all the nasal whine and new-wave '80s guitar noodling of fellow...2003-06-27
Producer (group): Egret
Posted June 27 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on why the judges 'floored' him this week
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!