Finally, a New York City band that isn’t consumed by image. The Kings’ debut has all the nasal whine and new-wave ’80s guitar noodling of fellow scenesters Interpol and Elefant, though their less-manicured sound (and look – the singer has a beard!) owes more to the likes of ’90s alt-rock nerds Neutral Milk Hotel and the Sea and Cake. Little pretense, much jangly finger-snapping rock.
Salad Days Finally, a New York City band that isn't consumed by image. The Kings' debut has all the nasal whine and new-wave '80s guitar noodling of fellow...Salad Days Finally, a New York City band that isn't consumed by image. The Kings' debut has all the nasal whine and new-wave '80s guitar noodling of fellow...2003-06-27
Producer (group): Egret
Posted June 27 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Comic-Con: 'South Park' creators won't do another Pokémon episode
- Comic-Con 2016: ‘Scream Queens’ boss teases ‘bloodier and funnier’ season 2
- LISTEN: Jamie Lee Curtis: ‘Everyone is an a—hole' on 'Scream Queens'
- WATCH: See the new trailer for the secret 'Blair Witch' sequel
- 'Ms. Marvel' co-creator on helping to make comics more diverse
- 'iZombie' panel reveals Robert Knepper's return as Blaine's dad
- John Lewis on civil rights leaders: 'We didn't hate'