Finally, a New York City band that isn’t consumed by image. The Kings’ debut has all the nasal whine and new-wave ’80s guitar noodling of fellow scenesters Interpol and Elefant, though their less-manicured sound (and look – the singer has a beard!) owes more to the likes of ’90s alt-rock nerds Neutral Milk Hotel and the Sea and Cake. Little pretense, much jangly finger-snapping rock.
Salad Days Finally, a New York City band that isn't consumed by image. The Kings' debut has all the nasal whine and new-wave '80s guitar noodling of fellow...Salad Days Finally, a New York City band that isn't consumed by image. The Kings' debut has all the nasal whine and new-wave '80s guitar noodling of fellow...2003-06-27
Producer (group): Egret
Posted June 27 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016
- Jennifer Lawrence donates $2 million to Kentucky children's hospital
- Adam McKay recounts how Johnny Depp agreed to play Trump
- See Adele photobomb fans in 'Live in London' concert special
- Ben Stiller on the death of his mother, Anne Meara: 'It affects me constantly'