Are cameras finally ready to roll on Warner Bros.’ film about the lasso-twirling Amazon? Producer Joel Silver, the man behind the ”Matrix,” recently hired former ”Smallville” writer-producer Philip Levens as screenwriter No. 4 for the project, in development for at least four years. Levens is taking his cues from the ’70s TV show, equipping Diana Prince’s alter ego with bulletproof bracelets and a boomerang tiara. Sandra Bullock has been considered in recent years, but now producer Leonard Goldberg (”Charlie’s Angels”) says that he’ll cast an actress ”in her early to mid-20s.” (Rumor has it ex-Slayer Sarah Michelle Gellar is hot for the part.) Levens expects ”Wonder Woman” to have a director and star within three months. First, he’ll have to see if his script takes flight like WW’s invisible jet.
(Wonder Woman: The Everett Collection)
Posted June 27 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- From People: Bruce Jenner to pose as woman for 'Vanity Fair' cover
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- I'm not buying Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!