Cowriter Steve Bing (whose credits include impregnating Liz Hurley) applies the Energizer Bunny/Jack Nicholson formula to Kangaroo Jack: Sunglasses + sassy grin = funny! Especially combined with a rapping kangaroo. Charlie (O’Connell) and Louis (Anderson) are Brooklyn pals sent Down Under to run a $50,000 errand for Charlie’s mafioso stepdad (Christopher Walken), only to meet a certain marsupial who nabs the loot. High jinks, fart jokes, and Estella Warren’s boobs abound. EXTRAS ”Jack”-inspired dance lessons (not taught by Walken, unfortunately), plus a commentary by cast members who can’t seem to remember ”Jack.”
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Anthony Anderson, Jerry O'Connell, Estella Warren, Dyan Cannon, Christopher Walken; Director: David McNally; Author: Steve Bing, Lowell Ganz, Babaloo Mandel, Barry O'Brien, Scott Rosenberg, Gary Ross (Writer); Producer (person): Jerry Bruckheimer; Release Date Wide: 01/17/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted July 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages