Cowriter Steve Bing (whose credits include impregnating Liz Hurley) applies the Energizer Bunny/Jack Nicholson formula to Kangaroo Jack: Sunglasses + sassy grin = funny! Especially combined with a rapping kangaroo. Charlie (O’Connell) and Louis (Anderson) are Brooklyn pals sent Down Under to run a $50,000 errand for Charlie’s mafioso stepdad (Christopher Walken), only to meet a certain marsupial who nabs the loot. High jinks, fart jokes, and Estella Warren’s boobs abound. EXTRAS ”Jack”-inspired dance lessons (not taught by Walken, unfortunately), plus a commentary by cast members who can’t seem to remember ”Jack.”
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Anthony Anderson, Jerry O'Connell, Estella Warren, Dyan Cannon, Christopher Walken; Director: David McNally; Author: Steve Bing, Lowell Ganz, Babaloo Mandel, Barry O'Brien, Scott Rosenberg, Gary Ross (Writer); Producer (person): Jerry Bruckheimer; Release Date Wide: 01/17/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 88; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Warner Bros.
Posted July 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- WATCH: Danny McBride teases Neal's redemption on 'Vice Principals'
- Will Forte teases 'Last Man on Earth' season 3: 'New... Malibu... Death'
- Comic-Con 2016: 5 things to know from 'Riverdale' pilot
- WATCH: Sigourney Weaver thought she 'f---ed up' iconic 'Aliens' line
- WATCH: 'The Originals' cast discusses the 5-year time jump
- WATCH: 'Once Upon a Time' star: 'We're all facing our own baggage'
- WATCH: 'Lucifer' cast says Mom is 'hell-bent on revenge'