Other people go to the beach. But when you’re as used to kicking bad-guy butt as ”Alias”’s Jennifer Garner, summer is no time to rest. That’s why the newly-separated star is in New York City filming “13 Going On 30,” a comedy in which she plays a geeky 13-year-old who gets locked in a closet by mean-spirited playmates, only to emerge from her entrapment suddenly all grown up – and beautiful. (Think: a female version of Tom Hanks’ ”Big.”)
(Jennifer Garner: John Barrett/Globe Photos)
Posted July 2 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!