Other people go to the beach. But when you’re as used to kicking bad-guy butt as ”Alias”’s Jennifer Garner, summer is no time to rest. That’s why the newly-separated star is in New York City filming “13 Going On 30,” a comedy in which she plays a geeky 13-year-old who gets locked in a closet by mean-spirited playmates, only to emerge from her entrapment suddenly all grown up – and beautiful. (Think: a female version of Tom Hanks’ ”Big.”)
(Jennifer Garner: John Barrett/Globe Photos)
Posted July 2 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Composer John Williams scores AFI Life Achievement Award
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' debuts with scary good ratings
- Bruno Mars teams with 'Empire' producer for NBC family comedy
- See the trailer for Janis Joplin documentary 'Janis: Little Girl Blue'
- Ellen DeGeneres coordinates Jessie J duet with viral video cohort, and it's perfect
- 'Doctor Who' spin-off 'Class' boss Patrick Ness aims to 'shock you with something new'
- Academy announces 81 contenders for foreign-language Oscar