Temperance Brennan is the kind of woman that you’d want to go drinking with, if only she weren’t sober: a smart, wry forensic anthropologist with a charming mix of worldliness and world-weariness. Unfortunately, the cases she’s assigned in her sixth novelistic appearance are numbingly dull. Suffice it to say that the play on words of the title – the plot involves bear poaching – is as uninspired as the investigations. Still, Reichs, herself a forensic anthropologist, has created such a winning character that we’re willing to pass this off as a bad day at work.
Bare BonesTemperance Brennan is the kind of woman that you'd want to go drinking with, if only she weren't sober: a smart, wry forensic anthropologist with a...Bare BonesFictionKathy ReichsTemperance Brennan is the kind of woman that you'd want to go drinking with, if only she weren't sober: a smart, wry forensic anthropologist with a...2003-07-11Scribner
Genre: Fiction; Author: Kathy Reichs; Publisher: Scribner
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Orphan Black' creators break down the latest twist: 'It's an interesting revelation for us'
- 'SNL': How'd Scarlett Johansson and Wiz Khalifa do?
- 'Scandal' panel: 5 best moments, season finale teases
- 'Walking Dead' actor in subway rant clip
- Celebrities who share a birthday with the new Royal Baby
- Ruth Rendell, mysteries writer, dies at 85
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $84.5M Friday
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Kerry Washington, Plus Gwen Stefani, the Spelling-McDermott Family & More!