Temperance Brennan is the kind of woman that you’d want to go drinking with, if only she weren’t sober: a smart, wry forensic anthropologist with a charming mix of worldliness and world-weariness. Unfortunately, the cases she’s assigned in her sixth novelistic appearance are numbingly dull. Suffice it to say that the play on words of the title – the plot involves bear poaching – is as uninspired as the investigations. Still, Reichs, herself a forensic anthropologist, has created such a winning character that we’re willing to pass this off as a bad day at work.
Bare BonesTemperance Brennan is the kind of woman that you'd want to go drinking with, if only she weren't sober: a smart, wry forensic anthropologist with a...Bare BonesFictionKathy ReichsTemperance Brennan is the kind of woman that you'd want to go drinking with, if only she weren't sober: a smart, wry forensic anthropologist with a...2003-07-11Scribner
Genre: Fiction; Author: Kathy Reichs; Publisher: Scribner
Posted July 11 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race' season 7 winner talks about being the 'shadiest queen'
- Robin Williams' wife, children continue to sort out issues over late actor's estate
- Icona Pop join One Direction on their U.S. tour
- Caitlyn Jenner's mom: 'She's beautiful'
- St. Vincent OK after fall off speakers
- Eddie Redmayne set for 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Justice Department ramps up its investigation of theater chains
- 18 CBS star portraits from summer/fall shows
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Charlize & Seth, Alessandro & Bradley, Gwen Stefani and More!