Temperance Brennan is the kind of woman that you’d want to go drinking with, if only she weren’t sober: a smart, wry forensic anthropologist with a charming mix of worldliness and world-weariness. Unfortunately, the cases she’s assigned in her sixth novelistic appearance are numbingly dull. Suffice it to say that the play on words of the title – the plot involves bear poaching – is as uninspired as the investigations. Still, Reichs, herself a forensic anthropologist, has created such a winning character that we’re willing to pass this off as a bad day at work.
Bare BonesTemperance Brennan is the kind of woman that you'd want to go drinking with, if only she weren't sober: a smart, wry forensic anthropologist with a...Bare BonesFictionKathy ReichsTemperance Brennan is the kind of woman that you'd want to go drinking with, if only she weren't sober: a smart, wry forensic anthropologist with a...2003-07-11Scribner
Genre: Fiction; Author: Kathy Reichs; Publisher: Scribner
Posted July 11 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- Hootie explains how he got name-checked in 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
- 9 little-known facts about Rihanna's first album
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!