Temperance Brennan is the kind of woman that you’d want to go drinking with, if only she weren’t sober: a smart, wry forensic anthropologist with a charming mix of worldliness and world-weariness. Unfortunately, the cases she’s assigned in her sixth novelistic appearance are numbingly dull. Suffice it to say that the play on words of the title – the plot involves bear poaching – is as uninspired as the investigations. Still, Reichs, herself a forensic anthropologist, has created such a winning character that we’re willing to pass this off as a bad day at work.
Bare BonesTemperance Brennan is the kind of woman that you'd want to go drinking with, if only she weren't sober: a smart, wry forensic anthropologist with a...Bare BonesFictionKathy ReichsTemperance Brennan is the kind of woman that you'd want to go drinking with, if only she weren't sober: a smart, wry forensic anthropologist with a...2003-07-11Scribner
Genre: Fiction; Author: Kathy Reichs; Publisher: Scribner
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at gospel event
- Angelina Jolie at Kids Choice Awards
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!