”I’ve always gravitated toward stories with parents,” says Steve Martin, whose last stab at hapless dadhood was the spring smash ”Bringing Down the House” with Queen Latifah. ”Parents are emotionally complicated and very relatable – as opposed to loser cops who are divorced,” laughs Martin. ”Anyway, I like playing them.” This winter, he plays pop to – gulp – 12 kids with Bonnie Hunt in the Fox remake of 1950’s ”Cheaper by the Dozen.” Here, Martin is trampolined into the air when a backyard Moonbounce bursts. What emotionally complicated parent couldn’t relate to that?
(Cheaper by the Dozen: Sam Urdank)
Posted July 11 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Pharrell drops 'Freedom' during Beats 1 launch
- Stephen Colbert answers John Oliver's call to give 20 push-ups for the troops
- Hear a new Santigold song from 'Paper Towns'
- See the hilarious first trailer for 'Difficult People'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' adds 2 Kaitlyn exes
- Amy Schumer takes on time travel in latest lol sketch
- Britney vs. Iggy on Twitter?