”I’ve always gravitated toward stories with parents,” says Steve Martin, whose last stab at hapless dadhood was the spring smash ”Bringing Down the House” with Queen Latifah. ”Parents are emotionally complicated and very relatable – as opposed to loser cops who are divorced,” laughs Martin. ”Anyway, I like playing them.” This winter, he plays pop to – gulp – 12 kids with Bonnie Hunt in the Fox remake of 1950’s ”Cheaper by the Dozen.” Here, Martin is trampolined into the air when a backyard Moonbounce bursts. What emotionally complicated parent couldn’t relate to that?
(Cheaper by the Dozen: Sam Urdank)
Posted July 11 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- See Slash play the national anthem with USC's marching band
- The Doctor goes home in 'Doctor Who' season 9 finale promo
- Michael B. Jordan says he’d love to make a 'Creed' sequel
- Sutton Foster keeps up her double life in 'Younger' season 2 trailer
- Mary-Kate Olsen marries Olivier Sarkozy: Report
- British royals share adorable new photos of Princess Charlotte
- See Britney Spears dance to Adele's 'Hello'