Easy on the eyes but hard to swallow, the Spanish suspenser Intacto centers on people with ”the gift” of luck who play high-stakes games of chance against one another. Federico (Poncela) is one of these gifted folk, but his winning streak ends when he falls out with the casino-dwelling ”king of fate” (a creepy Max von Sydow). Aiming to reverse his fortunes, Federico finds someone who’s really lucky: bank robber Tomas (Sbaraglia), the only survivor of a plane crash. Tomas competes in odd games – like running through the woods blindfolded and seeing who will be the last to run into a tree. It’s all muy bizarre. But director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo gives the film a sharp, noirish look that’s nicely complemented by Lucio Godoy’s eerie music. EXTRAS If you’re still perplexed at the end, the making-of featurette will increase your chances of understanding the arty thriller.
Genre: Foreign Language, Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Monica Lopez, Eusebio Poncela, Leonardo Sbaraglia, Max von Sydow; Director: Juan Carlos Fresnadillo; Author: Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, Andres Koppel; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Justified': Jere Burns on Mikey's loyalty and THAT scene
- 'Being Mary Jane' director on portraying racism on TV
- 'Finding Carter' returns with its best hour yet
- 'Cougar Town' series finale: How the cul-de-sac crew said goodbye
- Casting Net: Hugh Jackman in 'Apostle Paul,' Stephen Amell in 'TMNT 2'
- Joni Mitchell hospitalized: Report
- David Duchovny on 'Late Show': 'X-Files' revival plans return of Walter Skinner and Smoking Man
- Woe-woe-woe: 23 signature sad songs of the past 20 years
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!