Easy on the eyes but hard to swallow, the Spanish suspenser Intacto centers on people with ”the gift” of luck who play high-stakes games of chance against one another. Federico (Poncela) is one of these gifted folk, but his winning streak ends when he falls out with the casino-dwelling ”king of fate” (a creepy Max von Sydow). Aiming to reverse his fortunes, Federico finds someone who’s really lucky: bank robber Tomas (Sbaraglia), the only survivor of a plane crash. Tomas competes in odd games – like running through the woods blindfolded and seeing who will be the last to run into a tree. It’s all muy bizarre. But director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo gives the film a sharp, noirish look that’s nicely complemented by Lucio Godoy’s eerie music. EXTRAS If you’re still perplexed at the end, the making-of featurette will increase your chances of understanding the arty thriller.
Genre: Foreign Language, Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Monica Lopez, Eusebio Poncela, Leonardo Sbaraglia, Max von Sydow; Director: Juan Carlos Fresnadillo; Author: Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, Andres Koppel; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Our exclusive audience with the queen of second chances
- 'Bachelorette' first promo: This crazytown ain't big enough for the both of them
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- Django Django unveil trippy, magenta-hued video for 'Beginning to Fade'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' spinoff to star Adrianne Palicki, Nick Blood
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleads guilty
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!