Easy on the eyes but hard to swallow, the Spanish suspenser Intacto centers on people with ”the gift” of luck who play high-stakes games of chance against one another. Federico (Poncela) is one of these gifted folk, but his winning streak ends when he falls out with the casino-dwelling ”king of fate” (a creepy Max von Sydow). Aiming to reverse his fortunes, Federico finds someone who’s really lucky: bank robber Tomas (Sbaraglia), the only survivor of a plane crash. Tomas competes in odd games – like running through the woods blindfolded and seeing who will be the last to run into a tree. It’s all muy bizarre. But director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo gives the film a sharp, noirish look that’s nicely complemented by Lucio Godoy’s eerie music. EXTRAS If you’re still perplexed at the end, the making-of featurette will increase your chances of understanding the arty thriller.
Genre: Foreign Language, Mystery and Thriller, Drama; Starring: Monica Lopez, Eusebio Poncela, Leonardo Sbaraglia, Max von Sydow; Director: Juan Carlos Fresnadillo; Author: Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, Andres Koppel; Runtime (in minutes): 108; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted July 11 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!