Set to chronicle director Terry Gilliam’s long-planned adaptation of Cervantes’ Don Quixote, documentarians Keith Fulton and Louis Pepe stumbled into a comedy of errors: The movie blew up in Gilliam’s face. Derailed by a debilitated leading man (Jean Rochefort) and a freak flood, the shoot folded six days in – but not before providing the grist for a now-funny, now-melancholy unmaking-of story. EXTRAS They border on overkill, what with nine deleted scenes and six more video ”sound bite” outtakes, but two hour-long interviews with Gilliam (one by Salman Rushdie, the other by New York Times critic Elvis Mitchell) convey both his sizzling intellect and his tendency toward mania.
Lost in La Mancha Set to chronicle director Terry Gilliam's long-planned adaptation of Cervantes' Don Quixote, documentarians Keith Fulton and Louis Pepe stumbled into...Lost in La ManchaPT89MR Set to chronicle director Terry Gilliam's long-planned adaptation of Cervantes' Don Quixote, documentarians Keith Fulton and Louis Pepe stumbled into...2003-07-11
Starring: Jeff Bridges, Johnny Depp, Terry Gilliam; Director: Keith Fulton, Louis Pepe; Release Date Limited: 01/31/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: R
Posted July 11 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Aaron Tveit, Daniel Sunjata sum up 'Graceland' in 30 seconds
- 'Hannibal' boss previews series finale, considers cannibalism
- 'Suicide Squad' wrap photo is like a 'Where's Waldo?'
- Lionsgate planning movie based on 'Borderlands' video game
- What it was like inside Lady Gaga's blood-red 'American Horror Story' pool party
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Blacklist,' 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'The Flash' and more
- How well do you know The Weeknd's lyrics?
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!