Do you have the vocal chops of a Kelly Clarkson, the fashion sense of a Clay Aiken, the stage moves of a Ruben Studdard, or simply the unshakable self-confidence of a Frenchie Davis? Then you probably already know that tryouts for the third edition of ”American Idol” start in just three weeks. ”Idol” producers have announced that open auditions begin in Los Angeles the first week of August (either Aug. 4 or 6; the producers haven’t decided yet), then in Houston on Aug. 13, Atlanta on Aug. 20, and New York on Aug. 25. (Tryout locations in those cities will be announced later, and the dates are subject to change). The show’s tireless judges will winnow down the likely tens of thousands of applicants to the handful who will compete for the $1 million record contract when the show’s third season begins in January. Just remember, ”Idol” hopefuls, if Simon Cowell heckles you, you can always razz him about the low ratings of his CBS dating show ”Cupid.”
Posted July 15 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kendrick Lamar's 'Alright' video, and everything isn't really all right
- Kings of Leon confirms 7th studio album is on the way
- 'Agent Carter' exclusive: Who's returning for season 2?
- Who should replace Donald Trump as host of 'The Apprentice'?
- Donald Trump is suing Univision
- You can now listen to Matt Bomer cover D'Angelo
- 'Mighty Morphin Power Rangers' comics are coming: EW exclusive reveal of Green Ranger cover
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!