Buffy’s first appearance on the Game Boy Advance will delight Sarah Michelle Gellar fanatics and game enthusiasts (especially Castlevania disciples) alike. We catch up with the Riley-era Buffy as the Hellmouth’s hyperactivity unexpectedly beckons – this time it’s the Darkhul King and his baddie buddies (unrelenting enemies like the Gentlemen and Adam) who must be destroyed. But battling through 16 labyrinthlike levels chockful of bloodthirsty ghouls would prove insurmountable if not for the help of familiar friends and a huge arsenal of killer weapons. In addition to screenshots and dialogue from the TV series (shown between levels), the virtual Slayer actually looks, moves, and grunts like the real Ms. Summers. Coolest feature: the ability to kill vamps by demolishing rooftops to let the sun shine in.
Posted July 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Pioneering stand-up comedian Adrianne Tolsch dies at 78
- Jennifer Hudson's 'Hairspray Live!' performance had celebs cheering
- Relive 'Hairspray Live!' with all the best GIFs
- Jennifer Lopez teases 'Bye Bye Birdie,' NBC's next live musical
- Kristin Davis thinks the 'Sex and the City' story is 'not finished'
- The Weeknd will perform on 'The Voice' season finale
- 'Jeopardy!' contestant dies from cancer week before her episode airs
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot