Buffy’s first appearance on the Game Boy Advance will delight Sarah Michelle Gellar fanatics and game enthusiasts (especially Castlevania disciples) alike. We catch up with the Riley-era Buffy as the Hellmouth’s hyperactivity unexpectedly beckons – this time it’s the Darkhul King and his baddie buddies (unrelenting enemies like the Gentlemen and Adam) who must be destroyed. But battling through 16 labyrinthlike levels chockful of bloodthirsty ghouls would prove insurmountable if not for the help of familiar friends and a huge arsenal of killer weapons. In addition to screenshots and dialogue from the TV series (shown between levels), the virtual Slayer actually looks, moves, and grunts like the real Ms. Summers. Coolest feature: the ability to kill vamps by demolishing rooftops to let the sun shine in.
Posted July 18 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Grammys 2016: Secret Ballot
- 'The Walking Dead' returns with 6 exclusive EW collector's covers
- See 'Walking Dead' actor Josh McDermitt in the first trailer for 'Life in Color'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: See 'Frozen' fan-favorite Olaf on 'Sofia the FIrst'
- Telltale Games' 'The Walking Dead: Michonne' sets release date
- Amazon orders four seasons of 'Thunderbirds Are Go' with Rosamund Pike
- John Oliver mocks Coldplay's Super Bowl halftime show performance