Children of the ’80s should fondly recall ”Labyrinth” and ”The Dark Crystal,” Jim Henson’s moody cinematic forays. Now the late Muppeteer’s company has tapped writer Neil Gaiman (the ”Sandman” comics) and director-illustrator Dave McKean for a Muppet-free feature (due in 2004) about a circus performer, Helena (Stephanie Leonidas), caught between kingdoms of light and dark. Here, Dark Queen Gina McKee ponders Helena’s fate. Gaiman reports that postings on his website have been lively: ”Somebody said this couldn’t be at all like ‘Labyrinth’ because it didn’t have the bulge in David Bowie’s trousers.”
(Mirrormask: TM & © Jim Henson Co. Inc)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Casting Net: Courtney Love, Timothy Hutton, Giancarlo Esposito join James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Nicki Minaj joins 'Barbershop 3' cast
- 'Forever' sneak peek: John Noble puts Henry to a test he nearly fails
- 'Late Show' sneak peek: President Obama, David Letterman make retirement plans
- 'The Flash': Iris confronts Barry with the truth
- Jada Pinkett Smith on Fish Mooney's fate as 'Gotham' wraps season 1
- Orlando Jones exits 'Sleepy Hollow'
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Britney Spears, Orlando Bloom, Solange & More!