On American Idol, Simon Cowell is a bully who’s never at a loss for words, but on the July 13 debut of Fox’s Japanese-game-show spoof Banzai, he was the one left speechless. The victimizer: ”Lady One Question,” a reporter who poses a single query – and doesn’t say another word. (Viewers bet on ”how long will it take for celebrity people to feel such shame that they finally walk away.”) Cowell took her bait, discussing the differences between American Idol and Britain’s Pop Idol. When he finished, LOQ kept waiting, microphone extended. ”That’s it,” he summed up. ”Do you want to ask me something else?” Crickets. ”And, umm,” he fumbled, ”that’s the difference between the two shows.” Tumbleweeds. ”Are you mad at me?” The silent treatment raged on. Finally, a handler led away a perfectly perplexed Cowell. Simon says: 77 seconds of total gawkwardness!
Posted July 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Things look dark in trailer for Kristen Wiig's new movie 'Nasty Baby'
- Bill Murray earns his 20 percent in 'Rock the Kasbah' trailer
- Daniel Craig's go-to hangover cure is ...
- IFC postpones episode of 'Documentary Now!' in wake of WBDJ shooting
- Summit's new franchise hero? Julius Caesar
- 'The Walking Dead' star Lauren Cohan says season 6 is 'suffocating'
- How realistic was that 'Breaking Bad' machine gun scene?
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Alison & Will, Julianne Hough, Rafael Nadal & More!