The latest dour German import finds smart-alecky journalist Bleibtreu (”Run Lola Run”) going undercover in a secretive psych test in which a random group of men spend a fortnight together as prisoners and guards. And wouldn’t you know, left to their own devices, those assigned to lock up their fellow countrymen rapidly devolve into a bunch of blood-hungry Nazi types. Agonizingly unentertaining, ”Experiment” makes you wonder: When did Germany’s Holocaust guilt become fodder for a rousing psycho-thriller? EXTRAS Kein.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Moritz Bleibtreu, Maren Eggert, Christian Berkel, Wotan Wilke Mohring, Oliver Stokowski; Director: Oliver Hirschbiegel; Author: Don Bohlinger; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted July 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt