The latest dour German import finds smart-alecky journalist Bleibtreu (”Run Lola Run”) going undercover in a secretive psych test in which a random group of men spend a fortnight together as prisoners and guards. And wouldn’t you know, left to their own devices, those assigned to lock up their fellow countrymen rapidly devolve into a bunch of blood-hungry Nazi types. Agonizingly unentertaining, ”Experiment” makes you wonder: When did Germany’s Holocaust guilt become fodder for a rousing psycho-thriller? EXTRAS Kein.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Moritz Bleibtreu, Maren Eggert, Christian Berkel, Wotan Wilke Mohring, Oliver Stokowski; Director: Oliver Hirschbiegel; Author: Don Bohlinger; Release Date Limited: 09/20/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted July 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996