The latest dour German import finds smart-alecky journalist Bleibtreu (”Run Lola Run”) going undercover in a secretive psych test in which a random group of men spend a fortnight together as prisoners and guards. And wouldn’t you know, left to their own devices, those assigned to lock up their fellow countrymen rapidly devolve into a bunch of blood-hungry Nazi types. Agonizingly unentertaining, ”Experiment” makes you wonder: When did Germany’s Holocaust guilt become fodder for a rousing psycho-thriller? EXTRAS Kein.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Moritz Bleibtreu, Maren Eggert, Christian Berkel, Wotan Wilke Mohring, Oliver Stokowski; Director: Oliver Hirschbiegel; Author: Don Bohlinger; Release Date Limited: 09/20/2002; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted July 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Trump rivals will get their equal air time on NBC stations
- 'NCIS' postmortem: Emily Wickersham reacts to Bishop's marriage troubles
- See the same-sex romance that was deleted from 'Love Actually'
- Kurt Cobain makes first Billboard chart appearance as solo artist
- Cynthia Robinson, Sly and the Family Stone co-founder, dies at 69
- Carly Rae Jepsen, Keke Palmer, and more hand jive in 'Grease: Live' First Look
- This is what the guy who voiced Arnold in 'Hey Arnold' looks like now