The latest dour German import finds smart-alecky journalist Bleibtreu (”Run Lola Run”) going undercover in a secretive psych test in which a random group of men spend a fortnight together as prisoners and guards. And wouldn’t you know, left to their own devices, those assigned to lock up their fellow countrymen rapidly devolve into a bunch of blood-hungry Nazi types. Agonizingly unentertaining, ”Experiment” makes you wonder: When did Germany’s Holocaust guilt become fodder for a rousing psycho-thriller? EXTRAS Kein.
Genre: Drama, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Moritz Bleibtreu, Maren Eggert, Christian Berkel, Wotan Wilke Mohring, Oliver Stokowski; Director: Oliver Hirschbiegel; Author: Don Bohlinger; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted July 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Cary Fukunaga leaves Stephen King adaptation 'It,' production indefinitely delayed
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas' 'Trust You': Hear it, get scoop on new album
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!