Becca Reinhart is a spitfire investment-firm partner from Brooklyn. She lives on espresso and the occasional bagel. (Yeah, she’s Jewish.) Edward Kirkland is a racquetball-playing heir to a diamond fortune from Manhattan. He describes bagels as donuts, only ”harder, like [they’re] stale.” (Yep, he’s a WASP.) This unsubtle opposites-attract tale has a Little Orphan Annie bonus: precocious, suddenly parentless 4-year-old Emily Stearns, who brings these singletons together. Brown, whose frothy debut novel, Legally Blonde, spawned the 2001 movie, is no master storyteller (you see the cheesy finale coming by about page 15), and her eagerness to capture the players’ disparate inner voices creates an uneven tone. Like Kirkland’s bagel, it’s all kind of stale.
Family Trust Becca Reinhart is a spitfire investment-firm partner from Brooklyn. She lives on espresso and the occasional bagel. (Yeah, she's Jewish.) Edward...Family TrustFictionAmanda Brown Becca Reinhart is a spitfire investment-firm partner from Brooklyn. She lives on espresso and the occasional bagel. (Yeah, she's Jewish.) Edward...2003-07-25E.P. Dutton
Genre: Fiction; Author: Amanda Brown; Publisher: E.P. Dutton
Posted July 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': What's happened to Agent May?
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on Ghost Rider's surprising move
- Damian Lewis in talks to play the villain in 'Ocean's 8'
- 'Chicago Fire' creator breaks down episode 100's big surprises
- 'Suicide Squad' Honest Trailer takes aim at the 'worst heroes ever'
- Joe Biden clarifies 2020 presidential bid comments
- 'This Is Us': Chris Sullivan on that Toby cliffhanger in the winter finale
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans