You can see why in certain quarters, in hopeful whispers, Ablow is compared to Thomas Harris. It’s in the crisp, clean prose; the sweeping cat-and-mouse games; and the cold analysis of the brilliant, broken minds that perpetrate murder and escape capture again and again. In Ablow’s latest, forensic psychiatrist Frank Clevenger is on the trail of the Highway Killer – a charmer with an M.D. on his wall and a straight razor in his boot. Though an entertaining duo, Clevenger and the murderer face off in some pretty preposterous ways, most notably by psychoanalyzing each other in the pages of The New York Times. Ablow is no Harris – post-Hannibal, it can be argued that Harris is no Harris – but Psychopath is a superior read. And for thirsty crime fans, that should be more than enough.
Psychopath You can see why in certain quarters, in hopeful whispers, Ablow is compared to Thomas Harris. It's in the crisp, clean prose; the sweeping cat-and...PsychopathFictionKeith Ablow You can see why in certain quarters, in hopeful whispers, Ablow is compared to Thomas Harris. It's in the crisp, clean prose; the sweeping cat-and...2003-07-25
Genre: Fiction; Author: Keith Ablow
Posted July 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Nick Jonas passionately lip-synced to ‘Let It Go’ at Demi Lovato’s pre-VMAs concert
- Vin Diesel teases a sequel to 'The Iron Giant'
- J.K. Rowling, Joyce Carol Oates, and more pay tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Box office report: 'Straight Outta Compton' wins again
- Ranking Kanye West's top music videos
- Justin Bieber Spider-Man kisses Britney Spears ... sort of
- Oliver Sacks, famed neurologist and author, dies at 82
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!