Jonas Akerlund’s look at a circle of SoCal methamphetamine addicts is populated by young actors with one stunning performance behind them – Schwartzman in Rushmore, Mena Suvari in American Beauty, Patrick Fugit in Almost Famous – who have yet to realize that early promise. As for a frenzied John Leguizamo… well, that just seems redundant. As is Spun, ultimately, which comes on the heels of The Salton Sea, a vastly more thoughtful rendering of the speed-freak milieu. EXTRAS Ironically, it’s ’80s wunderkind-gone-to-seed Mickey Rourke who steals what there is of a show, most hilariously in an alternate trailer and deleted scene, as an ersatz television chef instructing his viewers in the stove-top joys of cranking.
Genre: Drama; Starring: John Leguizamo, Brittany Murphy, Mickey Rourke, Jason Schwartzman, Mena Suvari, Patrick Fugit, Deborah Harry, Ron Jeremy, Eric Roberts, Peter Stormare; Director: Jonas Akerlund; Author: Will De Los Santos, Creighton Vero; Release Date Limited: 03/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 96; Distributor: New Market
Posted July 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jack Black meets the cast of Broadway's 'School of Rock'
- See Ellen DeGeneres scare Chris Evans and Elizabeth Olsen
- See the Dixie Chicks cover Beyoncé's 'Daddy Lessons'
- New 'Call of Duty' teasers warn of a new enemy
- Beyoncé scores her sixth No. 1 album with 'Lemonade'
- Zac Efron once cried to try to get out of a ticket
- 'Friends' stars Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc reunite in London
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch