Jonas Akerlund’s look at a circle of SoCal methamphetamine addicts is populated by young actors with one stunning performance behind them – Schwartzman in Rushmore, Mena Suvari in American Beauty, Patrick Fugit in Almost Famous – who have yet to realize that early promise. As for a frenzied John Leguizamo… well, that just seems redundant. As is Spun, ultimately, which comes on the heels of The Salton Sea, a vastly more thoughtful rendering of the speed-freak milieu. EXTRAS Ironically, it’s ’80s wunderkind-gone-to-seed Mickey Rourke who steals what there is of a show, most hilariously in an alternate trailer and deleted scene, as an ersatz television chef instructing his viewers in the stove-top joys of cranking.
Genre: Drama; Starring: John Leguizamo, Brittany Murphy, Mickey Rourke, Jason Schwartzman, Mena Suvari, Patrick Fugit, Deborah Harry, Ron Jeremy, Eric Roberts, Peter Stormare; Director: Jonas Akerlund; Author: Will De Los Santos, Creighton Vero; Release Date Limited: 03/14/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 96; Distributor: New Market
Posted July 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Can the 'Legends of Tomorrow' ever truly defeat Vandal Savage?
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Ryan Reynolds on how he was forced into 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine'
- Casting Net: Taraji P. Henson to star in Hidden Figures
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Ellen Pompeo on Meredith-centric midseason return
- Nasim Pedrad to play teenage boy in Fox pilot 'Chad: An American Boy'
- A house divided in 'House of Cards' season 4 trailer
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival casts former 'Bunheads' star Sutton Foster
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday