”What I liked was the passionate enthusiasms of crazed writers,” says Simpsons creator and onetime rock critic Matt Groening of his guest editorship of Da Capo Best Music Writing 2003 (October). ”That’s what I can relate to. I used to work at a record store. The Onion piece [in the anthology] is how my life could’ve gone if I continued to write about music: It’s titled ‘37 Record-Store Clerks Feared Dead in Yo La Tengo Concert Disaster.”’
Posted July 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' bosses & cast preview epic crossover with 'Legends of Tomorrow'