Just because his 2001 debut, ”Room for Squares,” sold nearly 3 million copies and snagged him a 2003 Grammy for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance doesn’t mean Mayer, 25, is beyond humbling. In his upcoming video for ”Bigger Than My Body,” the first single from ”Heavier Things” (Sept. 9), he plays an ignored busker – quite a stretch after a year of sold-out shows. ”I’m hooked up to these giant speakers around the corner, which everybody’s running to hear, passing me,” he says. ”It’s a great way to suggest to people that maybe they don’t know the whole story of what I can do.” Like panhandle?
(John Mayer Photographed by Alison Dyer)
Posted July 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!