Just because his 2001 debut, ”Room for Squares,” sold nearly 3 million copies and snagged him a 2003 Grammy for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance doesn’t mean Mayer, 25, is beyond humbling. In his upcoming video for ”Bigger Than My Body,” the first single from ”Heavier Things” (Sept. 9), he plays an ignored busker – quite a stretch after a year of sold-out shows. ”I’m hooked up to these giant speakers around the corner, which everybody’s running to hear, passing me,” he says. ”It’s a great way to suggest to people that maybe they don’t know the whole story of what I can do.” Like panhandle?
(John Mayer Photographed by Alison Dyer)
Posted July 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Comic series 'The Black Hood' announces new artists
- Harrison Ford describes revisiting the 'Star Wars' character that made him a legend
- New short film shows Reagan administration's slow response to AIDS epidemic
- Richard Hatch joins 'Biggest Loser': 'Why do I want to be fat?'
- 'Deadpool' gets a bit cheeky in his newest poster
- Selena Gomez enlists the Victoria's Secret Angels for 'Hands to Myself' video
- Penelope Cruz showcases her curves in 'Zoolander 2's international trailer