Just because his 2001 debut, ”Room for Squares,” sold nearly 3 million copies and snagged him a 2003 Grammy for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance doesn’t mean Mayer, 25, is beyond humbling. In his upcoming video for ”Bigger Than My Body,” the first single from ”Heavier Things” (Sept. 9), he plays an ignored busker – quite a stretch after a year of sold-out shows. ”I’m hooked up to these giant speakers around the corner, which everybody’s running to hear, passing me,” he says. ”It’s a great way to suggest to people that maybe they don’t know the whole story of what I can do.” Like panhandle?
(John Mayer Photographed by Alison Dyer)
Posted July 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Mark Waid and J.G. Jones preview powerful historically based comic, 'Strange Fruit'
- All the breakout artists Zane Lowe highlighted during his debut show on Beats 1
- James Gunn absolutely loved 'Ant-Man'
- Gay Men's Chorus of L.A. covers Britney Spears' 'Work Bitch'
- Cheryl Burke quits as Miss USA cohost
- Aquaman named 'most toxic superhero' to search for online
- Jeremy Renner on J.Lo jokes, gay rumors, and how 'Avengers' nearly killed him
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!