A self-described ”biting comedy” that barely leaves a mark. Family affairs go awry when three sisters conspire to foil their gay brother’s marriage to a woman (he’s trying to fulfill a clause in their father’s will that would allow him to inherit dear old Dad’s resort hotel in Portugal). The brother plans to sell the property and pocket the money; the trio wants the building to themselves as an escape from their unfulfilling lives. The fact that Dutch writer-director Paula van der Oest’s dull, uneven effort was Oscar-nominated for Best Foreign Language Film this year doesn’t speak well for the category; the selfish, bickering sisters do a great job rendering themselves, and the movie, forgettable. EXTRAS Zilch.
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Foreign Language; Starring: Anneke Blok, Monic Hendrickx, Sylvia Poorta, Jacob Derwig; Director: Paula Van der Oest; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season
Posted July 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters