A self-described ”biting comedy” that barely leaves a mark. Family affairs go awry when three sisters conspire to foil their gay brother’s marriage to a woman (he’s trying to fulfill a clause in their father’s will that would allow him to inherit dear old Dad’s resort hotel in Portugal). The brother plans to sell the property and pocket the money; the trio wants the building to themselves as an escape from their unfulfilling lives. The fact that Dutch writer-director Paula van der Oest’s dull, uneven effort was Oscar-nominated for Best Foreign Language Film this year doesn’t speak well for the category; the selfish, bickering sisters do a great job rendering themselves, and the movie, forgettable. EXTRAS Zilch.
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Foreign Language; Starring: Anneke Blok, Monic Hendrickx, Sylvia Poorta, Jacob Derwig; Director: Paula Van der Oest; Release Date Limited: 02/07/2003; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 106
Posted July 25 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!