The third season of ”American Idol” doesn’t start until January, but you’ll be able to get an early glimpse of the talent pool next week. Fox announced that it’ll show a sneak preview of the highlights (and lowlights) of the ”Idol” tryouts, which begin this week in Los Angeles, during a brief segment on the Aug. 5 episode of ”American Juniors.” During that episode, in which the six remaining ”Juniors” finalists vie for the fifth and final spot in the ”Juniors” vocal combo, ”Idol” judge Simon Cowell will appear live via satellite to show viewers what Fox says is ”the good, the bad and the outright awful” from the L.A. tryouts. Actually, Simon won’t be broadcasting from Los Angeles; he’ll be home in London. Guess some of the ”Idol” hopefuls are so hopeless that he didn’t want to be within 6,000 miles of them.
Posted July 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!