The third season of ”American Idol” doesn’t start until January, but you’ll be able to get an early glimpse of the talent pool next week. Fox announced that it’ll show a sneak preview of the highlights (and lowlights) of the ”Idol” tryouts, which begin this week in Los Angeles, during a brief segment on the Aug. 5 episode of ”American Juniors.” During that episode, in which the six remaining ”Juniors” finalists vie for the fifth and final spot in the ”Juniors” vocal combo, ”Idol” judge Simon Cowell will appear live via satellite to show viewers what Fox says is ”the good, the bad and the outright awful” from the L.A. tryouts. Actually, Simon won’t be broadcasting from Los Angeles; he’ll be home in London. Guess some of the ”Idol” hopefuls are so hopeless that he didn’t want to be within 6,000 miles of them.
Posted July 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Explicit photos of Leslie Jones leaked after website hack
- Ryan Lochte in talks to join 'Dancing with the Stars'
- 'Dirk Gently' teaser promises corpses, cops, and a killer
- New York Film Festival: Carrie Fisher film joins documentary lineup
- 'The Royals' gets season 3 premiere date, shirtless Prince Liam pics
- Starz renews 'Survivor's Remorse' for season 4
- Gerard Butler brings 'depth and heart' to 'The Headhunter’s Calling'
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...