The third season of ”American Idol” doesn’t start until January, but you’ll be able to get an early glimpse of the talent pool next week. Fox announced that it’ll show a sneak preview of the highlights (and lowlights) of the ”Idol” tryouts, which begin this week in Los Angeles, during a brief segment on the Aug. 5 episode of ”American Juniors.” During that episode, in which the six remaining ”Juniors” finalists vie for the fifth and final spot in the ”Juniors” vocal combo, ”Idol” judge Simon Cowell will appear live via satellite to show viewers what Fox says is ”the good, the bad and the outright awful” from the L.A. tryouts. Actually, Simon won’t be broadcasting from Los Angeles; he’ll be home in London. Guess some of the ”Idol” hopefuls are so hopeless that he didn’t want to be within 6,000 miles of them.
Posted July 31 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Cara Delevingne addresses awkward interview
- 'Gritty' take on 'Little Women' in development at CW
- Mia Farrow criticized for tweeting business address of Cecil the lion's killer
- Diva Layla El retires from WWE
- Woody Allen says private life doesn't resonate in his films
- 'Law & Order' director arrested on child pornography charges
- 'Secret in Their Eyes' gets new release date
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Tyra Banks, The Madden Bros., Taylor Schilling & More!