”It’s kind of like a daydream,” says singer Brett Anderson, a.k.a. Donna A. (left, with Donnas C., R., and F.), of their new video for ”Too Bad About Your Girl,” which features a surreal assortment of suits, street vendors, and even a guy dressed in a hospital gown dragging an IV – all performing pro-level stunts on skateboards. The tune, about a hot guy who’s already taken, pops up in Aug. 15’s boarding flick ”Grind” – and the film’s stars (including Mike Vogel and Adam Brody) even got in on the ”Girl” action. No wannabe Tony Hawks themselves, though, the Donnas performed safely on the sidelines of the video’s West L.A. set. Adds director Charles Jensen, who dreamed up the absurdity: ”Once we pull the trigger, nothing makes sense.” Ah. That would explain that airborne Chinese trinket seller.
(The Donnas: Stacy Kranitz)
Posted August 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- New Music Friday: 8 releases you need to hear now
- Steven Yeun already has a new gig after 'The Walking Dead'
- What to Watch This Weekend: 'Tracey Ullman's Show' premieres
- Lady Gaga changes lyrics to ‘Trayvon Angel’ at final Dive Bar Tour set
- Classic horror movies get the David S. Pumpkins treatment
- 'Bye Bye Birdie' starring Jennifer Lopez is NBC’s next live musical
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' stars on that surprising hookup