”It’s kind of like a daydream,” says singer Brett Anderson, a.k.a. Donna A. (left, with Donnas C., R., and F.), of their new video for ”Too Bad About Your Girl,” which features a surreal assortment of suits, street vendors, and even a guy dressed in a hospital gown dragging an IV – all performing pro-level stunts on skateboards. The tune, about a hot guy who’s already taken, pops up in Aug. 15’s boarding flick ”Grind” – and the film’s stars (including Mike Vogel and Adam Brody) even got in on the ”Girl” action. No wannabe Tony Hawks themselves, though, the Donnas performed safely on the sidelines of the video’s West L.A. set. Adds director Charles Jensen, who dreamed up the absurdity: ”Once we pull the trigger, nothing makes sense.” Ah. That would explain that airborne Chinese trinket seller.
(The Donnas: Stacy Kranitz)
Posted August 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt