”It’s kind of like a daydream,” says singer Brett Anderson, a.k.a. Donna A. (left, with Donnas C., R., and F.), of their new video for ”Too Bad About Your Girl,” which features a surreal assortment of suits, street vendors, and even a guy dressed in a hospital gown dragging an IV – all performing pro-level stunts on skateboards. The tune, about a hot guy who’s already taken, pops up in Aug. 15’s boarding flick ”Grind” – and the film’s stars (including Mike Vogel and Adam Brody) even got in on the ”Girl” action. No wannabe Tony Hawks themselves, though, the Donnas performed safely on the sidelines of the video’s West L.A. set. Adds director Charles Jensen, who dreamed up the absurdity: ”Once we pull the trigger, nothing makes sense.” Ah. That would explain that airborne Chinese trinket seller.
(The Donnas: Stacy Kranitz)
Posted August 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- TV legend Norman Lear gives 6 strong opinions about American life
- 'Downton Abbey' cast on saying goodbye: 'We didn't want to leave'
- Zayn Malik congratulates One Direction on their ’sick’ new single
- Dr. Dre's new album, 'Compton,' coming Aug. 7
- 'Ghostbusters' cast surprises patients at Boston children's hospital
- Chris Pratt, James Gunn mark 'Guardians of the Galaxy's one-year anniversary
- Kelly Clarkson crushes cover of Miley Cyrus' ‘Wrecking Ball’
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- FKA Twigs, Adrian Grenier, Bethenny Frankel and More!