”It’s kind of like a daydream,” says singer Brett Anderson, a.k.a. Donna A. (left, with Donnas C., R., and F.), of their new video for ”Too Bad About Your Girl,” which features a surreal assortment of suits, street vendors, and even a guy dressed in a hospital gown dragging an IV – all performing pro-level stunts on skateboards. The tune, about a hot guy who’s already taken, pops up in Aug. 15’s boarding flick ”Grind” – and the film’s stars (including Mike Vogel and Adam Brody) even got in on the ”Girl” action. No wannabe Tony Hawks themselves, though, the Donnas performed safely on the sidelines of the video’s West L.A. set. Adds director Charles Jensen, who dreamed up the absurdity: ”Once we pull the trigger, nothing makes sense.” Ah. That would explain that airborne Chinese trinket seller.
(The Donnas: Stacy Kranitz)
Posted August 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lionel Richie honored by Rihanna, Stevie Wonder, more at MusiCares Gala
- 7 first-listen highlights from Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo'
- See Justin Timberlake dance 'The Carlton' with Alfonso Ribeiro
- 'Ghostbusters' teaser shows first footage, announces trailer date
- See Jennifer Lawrence rock out at Adele's Los Angeles concert
- Ryan Reynolds helps young 'Deadpool' fan battling cancer
- See Leslie Jones describe her perfect man on 'SNL'