”It’s kind of like a daydream,” says singer Brett Anderson, a.k.a. Donna A. (left, with Donnas C., R., and F.), of their new video for ”Too Bad About Your Girl,” which features a surreal assortment of suits, street vendors, and even a guy dressed in a hospital gown dragging an IV – all performing pro-level stunts on skateboards. The tune, about a hot guy who’s already taken, pops up in Aug. 15’s boarding flick ”Grind” – and the film’s stars (including Mike Vogel and Adam Brody) even got in on the ”Girl” action. No wannabe Tony Hawks themselves, though, the Donnas performed safely on the sidelines of the video’s West L.A. set. Adds director Charles Jensen, who dreamed up the absurdity: ”Once we pull the trigger, nothing makes sense.” Ah. That would explain that airborne Chinese trinket seller.
(The Donnas: Stacy Kranitz)
Posted August 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Charlotte Hornets guard Jeremy Lin to guest on 'Fresh Off the Boat'
- See Blake Lively's audition for 'Gossip Girl'
- Bob Dylan and IBM's Watson get tangled up in new ad
- Duplass brothers launch first-ever Oscar bid for transgender stars
- Larry Brezner, former manager of Robin Williams, dies at 73
- Pretenders singer Chrissie Hynde on NPR: ‘Just don’t buy the f---ing book’
- New Line plots 'Met Gala Heist movie