”It’s kind of like a daydream,” says singer Brett Anderson, a.k.a. Donna A. (left, with Donnas C., R., and F.), of their new video for ”Too Bad About Your Girl,” which features a surreal assortment of suits, street vendors, and even a guy dressed in a hospital gown dragging an IV – all performing pro-level stunts on skateboards. The tune, about a hot guy who’s already taken, pops up in Aug. 15’s boarding flick ”Grind” – and the film’s stars (including Mike Vogel and Adam Brody) even got in on the ”Girl” action. No wannabe Tony Hawks themselves, though, the Donnas performed safely on the sidelines of the video’s West L.A. set. Adds director Charles Jensen, who dreamed up the absurdity: ”Once we pull the trigger, nothing makes sense.” Ah. That would explain that airborne Chinese trinket seller.
(The Donnas: Stacy Kranitz)
Posted August 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!