”I’m trying to think about what I can tell you,” says the writer-director regarding his first movie since Signs, due out next August. As usual with his projects, most details on The Woods – about an 1897 Pennsylvania town ”that lives with the knowledge that there are creatures in the woods around them” – are top secret. So much so that Disney production chief Nina Jacobson keeps the studio’s only copy of the script locked away in her office. We do know that the film stars Adrien Brody, Sigourney Weaver, Joaquin Phoenix, William Hurt, and Bryce Dallas Howard (daughter of Ron), and begins shooting Oct. 14. Shyamalan also reveals that it has a ”Blair Witch-y quality” and features a ”romance as the spine of the piece.” That’s sure to cause a whole new kind of tingling.
Posted August 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agent Carter' star Hayley Atwell cast in 'Conviction' pilot at ABC
- 'Star Wars': Phallic toys prompt Target apology, snickers
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: See SpongeBob SquarePants step out in long pants
- 'The Light Between Oceans' gets Labor Day weekend release date
- Kiefer Sutherland gets hassled in exclusive clip from 'Forsaken'
- Great news for 'Kocktails with Khloé' fans
- 'Broad City' is messy as ever in first season 3 trailer
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere
- 35 Tom Hiddleston Photos For His 35th Birthday