”I’m trying to think about what I can tell you,” says the writer-director regarding his first movie since Signs, due out next August. As usual with his projects, most details on The Woods – about an 1897 Pennsylvania town ”that lives with the knowledge that there are creatures in the woods around them” – are top secret. So much so that Disney production chief Nina Jacobson keeps the studio’s only copy of the script locked away in her office. We do know that the film stars Adrien Brody, Sigourney Weaver, Joaquin Phoenix, William Hurt, and Bryce Dallas Howard (daughter of Ron), and begins shooting Oct. 14. Shyamalan also reveals that it has a ”Blair Witch-y quality” and features a ”romance as the spine of the piece.” That’s sure to cause a whole new kind of tingling.
Posted August 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Fuller House': Candace Cameron Bure, NKOTB star recreate adorable photo
- Lifetime making Britney Spears biopic
- Delta to stop airing Chris Rock special containing anti-gay slur
- Donald Trump slams famous Hillary supporters as 'not hot anymore'
- 'Stranger Things' and 'Parks & Rec': Jean-Ralphio is Steve's son, star says
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars': Three queens spill the tea on season 2 twist
- 'Mr. Robot': When a big twist isn't really a twist at all
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...