”I’m trying to think about what I can tell you,” says the writer-director regarding his first movie since Signs, due out next August. As usual with his projects, most details on The Woods – about an 1897 Pennsylvania town ”that lives with the knowledge that there are creatures in the woods around them” – are top secret. So much so that Disney production chief Nina Jacobson keeps the studio’s only copy of the script locked away in her office. We do know that the film stars Adrien Brody, Sigourney Weaver, Joaquin Phoenix, William Hurt, and Bryce Dallas Howard (daughter of Ron), and begins shooting Oct. 14. Shyamalan also reveals that it has a ”Blair Witch-y quality” and features a ”romance as the spine of the piece.” That’s sure to cause a whole new kind of tingling.
Posted August 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hugh Jackman shares ‘Wolverine’ teaser image and asks for fan input
- Casting Net: Morgan Freeman leads up action film 'Down to a Sunless Sea'
- 'The Bachelorette': And the 'winner' is...
- Richard Linklater in talks to direct Jennifer Lawrence in 'The Rosie Project'
- 'All the Bright Places' starring Elle Fanning finds its director
- HBO developing Wild West drama series Untamed
- Ann Rule, true-crime author, dies at 83
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- Matthew & Keri, Katy Perry, Cate Blanchett & More!