”I’m trying to think about what I can tell you,” says the writer-director regarding his first movie since Signs, due out next August. As usual with his projects, most details on The Woods – about an 1897 Pennsylvania town ”that lives with the knowledge that there are creatures in the woods around them” – are top secret. So much so that Disney production chief Nina Jacobson keeps the studio’s only copy of the script locked away in her office. We do know that the film stars Adrien Brody, Sigourney Weaver, Joaquin Phoenix, William Hurt, and Bryce Dallas Howard (daughter of Ron), and begins shooting Oct. 14. Shyamalan also reveals that it has a ”Blair Witch-y quality” and features a ”romance as the spine of the piece.” That’s sure to cause a whole new kind of tingling.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Trevor Noah eyed as 'Daily Show' host?
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller Kate & Kate and More!