”I’m trying to think about what I can tell you,” says the writer-director regarding his first movie since Signs, due out next August. As usual with his projects, most details on The Woods – about an 1897 Pennsylvania town ”that lives with the knowledge that there are creatures in the woods around them” – are top secret. So much so that Disney production chief Nina Jacobson keeps the studio’s only copy of the script locked away in her office. We do know that the film stars Adrien Brody, Sigourney Weaver, Joaquin Phoenix, William Hurt, and Bryce Dallas Howard (daughter of Ron), and begins shooting Oct. 14. Shyamalan also reveals that it has a ”Blair Witch-y quality” and features a ”romance as the spine of the piece.” That’s sure to cause a whole new kind of tingling.
Posted August 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Tyler Perry shares touching tribute from Bobbi Kristina Brown's funeral
- See Hugh Jackman bring back the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- See Beyoncé birthday wishes from Gwyneth Paltrow, Blue Ivy, and more
- See Kevin Bacon's sweet anniversary tribute to Kyra Sedgwick
- Idris Elba addresses James Bond casting speculation
- Jimmy Fallon thanks Madame Tussauds for making a wax figure of Grumpy Cat
- Chris Evans on more Captain America: 'If Marvel wants me, they got me'
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!