”I’m trying to think about what I can tell you,” says the writer-director regarding his first movie since Signs, due out next August. As usual with his projects, most details on The Woods – about an 1897 Pennsylvania town ”that lives with the knowledge that there are creatures in the woods around them” – are top secret. So much so that Disney production chief Nina Jacobson keeps the studio’s only copy of the script locked away in her office. We do know that the film stars Adrien Brody, Sigourney Weaver, Joaquin Phoenix, William Hurt, and Bryce Dallas Howard (daughter of Ron), and begins shooting Oct. 14. Shyamalan also reveals that it has a ”Blair Witch-y quality” and features a ”romance as the spine of the piece.” That’s sure to cause a whole new kind of tingling.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'