Dodie Smith’s coming-of-age novel about a poor, artsy family in 1934 England, adapted with staid 1970s public-television production values. Romola Garai and Rose Byrne star as blooming sisters.
Genre: Romance, Drama; Starring: Rose Byrne, Romola Garai, Bill Nighy, Henry Thomas; Director: Tim Fywell; Author: Heidi Thomas; Release Date Limited: 07/11/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 113; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted August 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Breaking Bad' actor calls for more people with disabilities in Hollywood
- WATCH: Exclusive clip from 'Light Between Oceans'
- Stars put Jimmy Fallon to shame in dramatic game of Musical Beers
- The Must List: Sunday's VMAs, new Frank Ocean, and more
- Dave Grohl and Prophets of Rage cover the MC5's 'Kick Out the Jams'
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton, 'Seinfeld' cast 'bonked' by Jimmy Fallon
- Seth Meyers revises offer for Donald Trump show 'Chicago President'
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...