These 31 tracks from six labels begin with Simone’s 1959 hit (Gershwin’s ”I Loves You Porgy”) and end with 1993’s return-from-exile ”A Single Woman.” The singer and pianist’s unclassifiable allure is evidenced by 1957’s definitively swinging ”My Baby Just Cares for Me”; 1964’s politically charged ”Mississippi Goddam”; a gut-wrenching ”Strange Fruit” (1965); and a tender 1971 take on George Harrison’s ”Here Comes the Sun.” Even the final cut’s schmaltzy strings can’t dim Simone’s star.
Nina Simone Anthology These 31 tracks from six labels begin with Simone's 1959 hit (Gershwin's ''I Loves You Porgy'') and end with 1993's return-from-exile ''A Single Woman.'...Nina Simone Anthology These 31 tracks from six labels begin with Simone's 1959 hit (Gershwin's ''I Loves You Porgy'') and end with 1993's return-from-exile ''A Single Woman.'...2003-08-01
Lead Performer: Nina Simone; Producer (group): RCA
Posted August 1 2003 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Jimmy Kimmel unveils new 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- Jason Sudeikis plays Drinko with Jimmy Fallon on 'The Tonight Show'
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Tom Hardy, Alessandra Ambrósio, Bindi Irwin & More!